Register Now
Kane99

Do you set up all of your consoles in one area?

My dream game room would have a big long entertainment stand that can handle multiple consoles. I want to be able to set up retro consoles and modern consoles in one area, that way I can just game all in one place and don't have to unload the console each time I want to play it. I was thinking an Nintendo area, with the NES, SNES, N64, and the Gamecube. And then a PS area with all the PS consoles and even an xbox area. 

Do you guys set up all of your consoles like this? I want to do this, but I could only imagine how the cable management would go. 😄 

Yes, exactly that! 👆

I would of course add a bigger TV, some LED lighting behind the shelving. Instead of the posters, I would put more shelving there, so I can add gaming memorabilia and other consoles. I tried drawing up some ideas a while back, but lost the paper somewhere lol. 

But yeah, this is close to what I am thinking about. The only other addition, I think would be to add a smaller CRT tv in there, so I can take advantage of more of the retro consoles. HDTVs are nice, but they don't make retro games look great. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

PC gamer! Yes 😛 

0RISdUm.jpg

Yes, this would be a dream setup. Especially for a couple. I think I'd still want something bigger, that has something like this, but on the other side of the room, have consoles and a few tvs setup. 🙂 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yes, this would be a dream setup. Especially for a couple. I think I'd still want something bigger, that has something like this, but on the other side of the room, have consoles and a few tvs setup. 🙂 

It's a lot of stuff though. You'd need a lot of space for that as well. Personally I only need one super powerful gaming desktop and a gaming laptop in a room.

We all want a room like that, that's our dream come true 😛 that room is worth like $50K isn't it 😛

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would "consider" being nice....

Donations are open right?  😛 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Would need a big room to get that setup then again seen so many amazon setup in a small office room. 

1 hour ago, Empire said:

We all want a room like that, that's our dream come true 😛 that room is worth like $50K isn't it 😛

That's an extremely optimistic estimate. Looking at it, I would say you're at a minimum of $100k.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Donations are open right?  😛

Absolutely! I'll take PayPal.😁

Edited by The Blackangel

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a lot of stuff though. You'd need a lot of space for that as well. Personally I only need one super powerful gaming desktop and a gaming laptop in a room.

Oh for sure, the PCs alone are going to run you a ton. Plus that desk is probably crazy expensive as well. The monitors too, my goodness looking at it again makes me feel super poor lol. But yeah, it's still a dream to have something like that. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's an extremely optimistic estimate. Looking at it, I would say you're at a minimum of $100k.

no one knows that, I mean 5K for a good PC game and there are like 4 gaming rigs that I can see. I wouldn't think it be 100K.

My PC is worth $3500 and my desk is $200 and my screen is $1200 😛 

My laptop alone is $4000. My desktop setup is another $3000.

But going by what I see in the room, I see 2 water cooled PC cabinets, 6 curled monitors and one flat screen monitor, racing equipment, multiple headsets (that I'm sure were more than the $20 ones from Walmart), a high dollar chair, and a wrap around desk. Here that would easily total up to $100k. I know whoever that room belongs to didn't cut any corners and went all out on it.