Register Now
StaceyPowers

In-game organizations you hate the most?

The City Guards in Skyrim - now where do I start. They're annoying, They'll stand by and see you get attacked but the minute you defend yourself, they attack you immediately and overall their mere presence feels like an annoyance. The Psijic Order - Now I've come across them in a couple of other Elder Scrolls games such as Oblivion and ESO but for the love of God, could someone tell me what's their actual purpose in the Elder Scrolls? All I've seen them do is they keep collecting ultra rare items when you go through all the effort to get a hold of these items. In the Elder Scrolls Lore they're described as a super powerful organization that greatly influences the events of the Elder Scrolls but in every game I've seen, they come across as opportunists.

POSSIBLE SPOILER TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

Leviticus Cornwall and his damn Pinkertons in RDR2. The bastards won't piss off. Technically they're the good guys as they are trying to arrest us to put us on trial for our crimes, but I fucking hate them. Agent Milton is the most annoying as he took a special interest in Dutch. And he thinks he can get intimidate Arthur into giving Dutch up.

What a joke.

The Brotherhood of Steel in just about all installments of the Fallout series. I have to agree with Mr. House's summary of them: "...they're ridiculous. They gallavant around the Movaje pretending to be knights of yore. Or did, until the NCR showed them that ideological purity and shiny power armour don't count for much when you're outnumbered fifteen to one. The world has no use for emotionally unstable technofetishists." While I get that if they weren't so rigid with their recruitment and use of technology they'd be incredibly more powerful (and in being so, completely uninteresting), this applies to all the other factions, a lot of which having come from less and changing so much in their lifetimes. I'd hate the Enclave more if anything practical remained of them, as they were eugenicists who believed anything exposed to radiation was as mutant as the FEV-riddled Super Mutants.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

The Brotherhood of Steel in just about all installments of the Fallout series. I have to agree with Mr. House's summary of them: "...they're ridiculous. They gallavant around the Movaje pretending to be knights of yore. Or did, until the NCR showed them that ideological purity and shiny power armour don't count for much when you're outnumbered fifteen to one. The world has no use for emotionally unstable technofetishists." While I get that if they weren't so rigid with their recruitment and use of technology they'd be incredibly more powerful (and in being so, completely uninteresting), this applies to all the other factions, a lot of which having come from less and changing so much in their lifetimes. I'd hate the Enclave more if anything practical remained of them, as they were eugenicists who believed anything exposed to radiation was as mutant as the FEV-riddled Super Mutants.

I think I hated most of the factions in Fallout 4 for one reason or another. I kind of wanted a wild card / no faction ending like we had in Fallout New Vegas, because I didn't really want to side with anybody lol. But yeah, the Brotherhood was probably the worst, and consistently so across the franchise. Arthur Maxon can take a flying leap. (Off the flight deck of the Prydwen)

5 hours ago, staticradio725 said:

I think I hated most of the factions in Fallout 4 for one reason or another. I kind of wanted a wild card / no faction ending like we had in Fallout New Vegas, because I didn't really want to side with anybody lol. But yeah, the Brotherhood was probably the worst, and consistently so across the franchise. Arthur Maxon can take a flying leap. (Off the flight deck of the Prydwen)

They're your typical oppressive regime who consider themselves "noble", just like how crusaders used to be while murdering and torturing millions. I usually try to get rid of them first in Fallout games. The only group I found to be of comparable annoyance was the Enclave.

On 1/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, staticradio725 said:

Fallout 4 wasn't really a great game all together with what they did with the game. Fallout 3 was a lot more accomplishing than 4th. And the factions in Fallout 4 are completely off the tune for me. 

How could I forget the umbrella corporation in Resident Evil - they're the ones ALWAYS responsible for spreading some kind of virus or plague that infects the populace and turns them into zombies. The worst part is, there's no real motive to remotely justify their actions.

Vault-Tech from the Fallout franchise are very persistent and successful in their persuit of needless cruelty and power over every living soul. Quite an accomplishment for a company that simultaneously safeguarded the future of mankind.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

How could I forget the umbrella corporation in Resident Evil - they're the ones ALWAYS responsible for spreading some kind of virus or plague that infects the populace and turns them into zombies. The worst part is, there's no real motive to remotely justify their actions.

Isn't money and control of the world what they looked for with spreading the virus? They already had the cure and wanted to wipe out the human race and start up a new breed that would have all the power to control the world.