Register Now
Patrik

Games that you couldn't understand but were still fun to you

1/2- Limbo & Inside : Games from same company that i never understood what they are about but still loved lol.

3- Metal Slug : I never knew what they are fighting about or what they are trying to reach, but i'm still replaying the game xd.

4- Bioshock : Weirdness if it was a game but still love ❤️

Death Stranding, I'm not going to lie, this is hands down the most complex story I've seen in a video game and when I say complex, I mean weird, at times nonsensical but the gameplay itself was good. I just never got why they had to carry around those sacks with babies in them. I'm not sure what Kojima was smoking when he made it but they need to keep him away from whatever substance he was abusing at the time...

On 4/3/2021 at 11:28 PM, m76 said:

As a child I couldn't understand most adventure games, I didn't know the language to begin with, yet I've still played them a lot.

that's pretty much every non English speaker's experience with games, i remember skipping cutscenes just for this reason xD

Metroid - I never knew what I was supposed to be doing, or where I was supposed to be going, but still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - There's a thousand areas to explore that lead to another thousand areas, with no defined path of any kind to follow. If you stumble on a "boss" of any kind, then so be it. But still one of the most fun games ever made.

Crash Bandicoot - I couldn't make sense of the plot but the characters were funny as hell and the game itself also has a unique charisma. The thing that really stands out to me in this game is the randomness of the interactions between the characters. Half of the time, I'm scratching my head throughout the whole conversation.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:37 PM, killamch89 said:

Crash Bandicoot - I couldn't make sense of the plot but the characters were funny as hell and the game itself also has a unique charisma. The thing that really stands out to me in this game is the randomness of the interactions between the characters. Half of the time, I'm scratching my head throughout the whole conversation.

same goes to lot of old school games lol, but even now, i still find them very funny to play, speaking of Crash Bandicoot, if you are familiar with Pepsi Man, it's the same story

On 4/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, Patrik said:

same goes to lot of old school games lol, but even now, i still find them very funny to play, speaking of Crash Bandicoot, if you are familiar with Pepsi Man, it's the same story

Crash Bandicoot's story is full of so many random elements and plot holes but it's sheer humor and insanity of the characters is what makes it a very likeable game.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:22 AM, The Blackangel said:

Pepsi Man was one of the craziest games ever thought up. I just want to know what the developers were smoking, where they got it, and if they're willing to share it.

Well to be fair, back in the days we had things like Lawnmower man so this isn't the craziest thing we've seen.

5 hours ago, lludawg said:

Metal Slug! Hearing the name of that game brings back memories 🤩. But yeah now that I think about it, I had no idea what the plot was haha. Still, it was such a fun run and gun game. 

Metal Slug was a pretty fun game. You know something - I never knew what the plot was about either.