Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever buy disc only conditioned games?

When it comes to buying games, do you ever grab the crappiest listing out there? Maybe you go on Amazon and buy a listing that is just for the disc. Or just the disc and case. Do you ever buy games in these conditions? Or do you prefer to get all of your games brand new or at least used in a good condition?

I have a folder full of loose games, but I prefer to have the full package if I ever buy something. But if it's a game I don't much care for, then it doesn't bug me if I get just the disc. 

Only with very rare exceptions, but I'm not fussy about the case especially if it's a rarer one like a Blockbusters rental case. And besides, some promotional materials like the PIzza Hut Playstation 1 games didn't come with 'proper' cases, only those tacky thin jewel ones (not that the thicker ones lasted long either), so I don't mind those either.

100% of the time I do not buy discs version anymore 🙂All digital-based game. I mean most old gen games are now on digital-based sites now. That converted it over. Not the same as seeing the case and feeling the game discs 😛 

If I buy a disc I have to have the original box and artwork. If I was at GameStop I wouldn't even look at the games that had their box. Just that white label and the title? That tells me that someone didn't take proper care of the game they sold to the store and that I need to move on. Also, if it's not a title I'm familiar with, how the hell am I to know what the game is even about without being able to see screenshots? Had it not been for screenshots, I would have never gotten into Assassin's Creed. I would have assumed it was some military style game where you are an elite sniper trying to take out a political target. They have titles that I've never seen, so I can't exactly look up the screenshots before I go in.