Register Now
Cumulus

Favourite streaming service?

Do you have a favourite TV Streaming service that you use? I've recently dabbled with Netflix, Now TV, Prime and Britbox, and found Netflix to offer the most content at a pretty affordable price for the amount of time I get out of it.

What does everyone else use, or do you prefer traditional cable TV?

I feel like I use Netflix and Prime pretty evenly and more than others. So I guess those are my favorites. Although Prime's UI is a nightmare. I'm enjoying starzplay, they're available on Roku and prime, I think I'd use it a lot more than I have so far.

I'd say my least favorite so far is Peacock. I find the UI incredibly boring and ugly, and it only really works because the library is tiny. Also, every show on it that I'm interested in is available elsewhere. I have it for free because I have the Comcast Flex streaming box but I'd never even consider paying for it.

I have Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. As for a favorite, it all depends on what I'm wanting to watch. Hulu is the best for me with TV shows. netflix is the best for standup comedy. Prime is the best for other TV shows that Hulu doesn't have. I also have MagellanTV which is a documentary streaming service. I watch it a lot as well. I'm an astronomy nut (or astronophile as I call it) and they have a lot of great astronomy docs. There's a shitload of other categories there but that's what I mostly watch.

That's hard because I have been using both Amazon and Netflix. Both streaming services have their perks and drawbacks, but for sure I would pick Amazon any day of the week. Why? It's because for £7 month not only do I have access to TV and Films, I can also order products with 1 day delivery at no extra charge. 

We just have Netflix. We recently dropped the DVD portion as they didn’t have enough of what we wanted. Didn’t save us much money but it’s something. We’ve had it for years & is the only streaming service we’ve tried. I have however researched some alternatives out there i.e. Hulu.

If you're a horror nut, Shudder is a good choice. They have the new stuff and the old stuff all the way back to the silent film Nosferatu and Bella Lugosi's portrayal of Dracula. It's also got other random films that I guarantee you won't find anywhere else. There's a movie that was banned almost unanimously around the world because people believed that what was happening in it was real. They thought it was a snuff film. I don't remember the title of it, but when I was using Shudder, it was on there. it's pretty gruesome, and the realism in it is beyond compare. It's worth a watch. Unless you're squeamish of course.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 3/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, AndreiMirfi said:

I'm hella waiting for Disney+. 

At the moment, I only have Netflix.

I also had HBO GO, which was really cool and ended the membership after 3 months.

What's on Disney+ that you're so interested in watching?

I just stick to the same platform that most people now and what we are used to 🙂 that's twitch and also most people know you from there. No point moving over and asking your people to come over with you

On 5/25/2021 at 10:35 AM, The Blackangel said:

I’ve never even heard of The Mandalorian. What is it?

A series related to Star Wars - to be honest, I haven't gotten around to watching it myself but I hear people talk about it all the time.