Register Now
Kane99

We need more playable demo's like RE8's Maiden

I love when companies release a demo for their upcoming games, especially when sometimes those demos aren't even a part of the full game. Like the recent RE 8 Maiden demo. I don't know if this portion will be in the game, but if it's not, it's a cool way to market a game. I wish more studios did these type of things. Could be an opening to a game, or maybe even the games tutorial. That'd be cool. 

What do you guys think?

Who does demos hames nowadays, do not really see them around. They release the game and to play you have to buy the game, then again you have two years worth of playing time to get a refund on steam. Ohh and Xplane 11 offers a free two hours demo 🙂 

On 1/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Kane99 said:

I love when companies release a demo for their upcoming games, especially when sometimes those demos aren't even a part of the full game. Like the recent RE 8 Maiden demo. I don't know if this portion will be in the game, but if it's not, it's a cool way to market a game. I wish more studios did these type of things. Could be an opening to a game, or maybe even the games tutorial. That'd be cool. 

What do you guys think?

It's definitely going to be something good for the company and the gamers as well. It actually serves as a pre-marketing tool. 

A lot of studios don't do that due to money problems. And I think it's not like budget or anything but the pressure to do everything in time and do it until X deadline can put some real pressure on those guys and girls.

35 minutes ago, Shole said:

A lot of studios don't do that due to money problems. And I think it's not like budget or anything but the pressure to do everything in time and do it until X deadline can put some real pressure on those guys and girls.

Well, I believe that it's something that they can actually do well should they work with their timetable and not keeping rescheduling everything.