Register Now
StaceyPowers

What was the best era of gaming?

For me, it was probably gaming in the late 90s. That's when I started to take gaming really seriously. I had my NES and Genesis in the 90s, but once I got my hand on the PS1, is when I started to game a lot more. I think the 90s overall had the best time in gaming. But the PS2/Xbox era is also up there. I would say NES, but I started playing it later in its life cycle. But I still have fond memories there too. But I'd include it all in the 90s for me. 

On 1/30/2021 at 11:10 PM, m76 said:

For me it is certainly the years around the turn of the century. So from 1998 to about 2003.  A great deal of my all time favorite most memorable games were released around that time. Incidently these also happen to be my high school years, that were a miserable time for me, I so hated high school it's incomprehensible.

• Half-Life - 1998
  • Unreal - 1998
  • Carmageddon 2 - 1998
  • Gran Turismo - 1998
  • System Shock II  - 1999
  • X-Wing Alliance - 1999
  • Gran Turismo 2 - 1999
  • Driver - 1999
  • Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed - 2000
  • DeusEx - 2000
  • Star Trek Voyager Elite Force - 2000
  • Max Payne - 2001
  • Microsoft Train Simulator - 2001
  • Vice City - 2002
  • Mafia - 2002
  • Command & Conquer Generals - 2003
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - 2003
  • Max Payne 2 - 2003
  • DeusEx Invisible War 2003

And this is probably not a comprehensive list just the ones I could think of right off the bat.

Seriously, the era of Need for Speed and DeusEx is something that I would have as my best experience. With DeusEx, I get to really see how good gaming have come up in the society. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, the era of Need for Speed and DeusEx is something that I would have as my best experience. With DeusEx, I get to really see how good gaming have come up in the society. 

Yeah, I too agree. The best era would be when there were games like NFS most wanted and GTA San Andreas. At that time, the games are all about entertainment, and less about money sucking schemes.

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, I too agree. The best era would be when there were games like NFS most wanted and GTA San Andreas. At that time, the games are all about entertainment, and less about money sucking schemes.

I never really had a good time with any of the GTA game series because I never really got into playing it that much.