Register Now
StaceyPowers

Temporary followers you try to keep?

Do you ever put off finishing a quest for a “temporary” follower to try and use them as a “permanent” one? For example, I did this with Barbas in Skyrim once to keep him around as a tank. And now I’m doing it with Mazoga in Oblivion since I like her personality and the game feels less lonely with a follower.

Edited by StaceyPowers

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was great for this. You could have Martin Septim, the Adoring Fan, the Knights of the Thorn, among other quest NPCs who might consist of powerful spellcasters to mostly light-armoured guard-types.

I don't do this for very long because the NPCs might blow my cover in stealth, or I'm too conscious that their quest needs doing and finally give them some respite. I do so enjoy summoning creatures or pets though, it makes single player RPGs all the more bearable. ^^

On 3/20/2021 at 1:11 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Only pets or beasts I can tame. Any other just flops around in my way. But I guess if you have a follower with benefits...that could be an exception. 

Exactly, it's only going to be a follower that really adds good input for me that would be worth my keeping for a long run.