Register Now
StaceyPowers

Moments in games where you were horrified at what you’d done?

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, whenever a race driver dies, it's always more painful to because it's not an easy sport anymore can easily get into and getting to lose the brave ones in it is a huge loss. 

Yeah, that's sad. Such racing games do have huge risks. Still, people try their luck there. Even car/F1 racing is risky too, but Motoracing has much more fatal accidents than those. 😒

One of the most underrated games I have ever seen is called “Do You Copy?” and it horrified me. It’s made via Unity Engine, but I could be mistaken. It focuses on psychological horror more than it does other elements. It’s about a forest watchtower hearing a distressed hiker over a radio, and it just escalates from there. It’s some of the best work I have seen, especially for how low of a budget the team had.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:00 PM, Family sedan said:

I remember when I got the news in February 2001 that Dale Earnhardt had passed away.  I sat in a chair in my bedroom (still near Boston at this point in time) and wondered if I wanted to keep watching motorsports.  It was at that moment that I realized I cared too much about it to give up.  There were so many good people left, busting their asses for my entertainment.  I kept watching.

I also remembered Dale Earnhardt - man that was a really tragic one for Nascar. It was my dad that told me about it too - it's the same thing with some wrestlers like when Owen Hart died. At least they died doing what they truly loved - some people never get to that stage.

10 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, that's sad. Such racing games do have huge risks. Still, people try their luck there. Even car/F1 racing is risky too, but Motoracing has much more fatal accidents than those. 😒

For the fact that people die from such sports is very agonizing for me to bear. Unfortunately, in video games, the drivers don't die 😂

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I also remembered Dale Earnhardt - man that was a really tragic one for Nascar. It was my dad that told me about it too - it's the same thing with some wrestlers like when Owen Hart died. At least they died doing what they truly loved - some people never get to that stage.

Yeah, that's the only comforting thing in their death. It came to them taking part in what they love and gave them fame. 

7 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I feel like Dale's son Dale Earnhardt Jr. had a tough road in those first few years after his father's death.  It's kind of amazing how well Junior dealt with it all.

It's never easy to deal with the death of a loved one or close family member. 

On 8/6/2021 at 7:20 PM, Family sedan said:

I feel like Dale's son Dale Earnhardt Jr. had a tough road in those first few years after his father's death.  It's kind of amazing how well Junior dealt with it all.

I've been through a somewhat similar situation with a friend of mine and you just have to push on but use their death as motivation to go further beyond your limits.

I cheered for Dale Jr. his entire career.  He made some mistakes, but they were minor.  I still wonder what would have happened if he had gotten to race for Hendrick Motorsports 5 or 6 years before he did in real life, he could have had so many more career wins.  And yes losing a loved one is never easy.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I've been through a somewhat similar situation with a friend of mine and you just have to push on but use their death as motivation to go further beyond your limits.

Yeah right, I have seen where that happened as well. It's more like fueling in the rage of that death and achieve something great.