Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who here pays for subscription services?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

You're off about that, AMD has already caught up to them and is about to overthrow them unless Intel gets their act together. With Apple also making their own processors, Intel is really feeling the heat right now as AMD has gained significant marketshare in the desktop portion of the market and are starting to build up momentum in the laptop segment.

That AMD have gained some ground in the market now doesn't mean that they have overtaken Intel. I don't think Intel will give in too easily on that. 

33 minutes ago, Heatman said:

That AMD have gained some ground in the market now doesn't mean that they have overtaken Intel. I don't think Intel will give in too easily on that. 

You clearly aren't reading what I said - I said that Intel's marketshare is shrinking because they no longer sell Apple any CPUs and combined with AMD's increasing influence in the desktop market, Intel is feeling the heat. Not once had I said that they have overtaken Intel.

Only recently have I decided to subscribe to Discord Nitro to 'boost' the servers I'm on, but I suspect I'll cancel it after a month because I don't find it particularly useful. I am however finding use in D&D Beyond's subscription which lets me share my books among my fellow players and the dungeon master (DM), so they don't have to worry about buying stuff. This is particularly useful when the server we're all from was aimed entirely at people who were brand new to the game so they want to make it as cheap as possible. And as much as I hate to say it, I think I'm starting to prefer digital to print when it comes to my D&D stuff. 😣

Edited by Withywarlock

14 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Only recently have I decided to subscribe to Discord Nitro to 'boost' the servers I'm on, but I suspect I'll cancel it after a month because I don't find it particularly useful. I am however finding use in D&D Beyond's subscription which lets me share my books among my fellow players and the dungeon master (DM), so they don't have to worry about buying stuff. This is particularly useful when the server we're all from was aimed entirely at people who were brand new to the game so they want to make it as cheap as possible. And as much as I hate to say it, I think I'm starting to prefer digital to print when it comes to my D&D stuff. 😣

Just embrace it - that's where we are headed anyways. 

On 8/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, Withywarlock said:

I actually find Discord Nitro very useful ever since I started making use of it. With the custom emoji from all channels, custom Discord number tag, and animated avatars, the subscription is definitely worth it.