Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best video game remakes?

FF8 had the best remake. I love it. The graphics are more crisp, the 3X speed option, and the rare items that were previously only available through a Pocket Station are now available in game. Also, not having to wait for Diablos to learn enc-none is a nice touch.

The one remake that I almost can't stand is Links Awakening. It's so much of a better game on the GameBoy. Sure it's good on the Switch, but it should have stayed where it was.

Edited by The Blackangel

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

FF8 had the best remake. I love it. The graphics are more crisp, the 3X speed option, and the rare items that were previously only available through a Pocket Station are now available in game. Also, not having to wait for Diablos to learn enc-none is a nice touch.

The one remake that I almost can't stand is Links Awakening. It's so much of a better game on the GameBoy. Sure it's good on the Switch, but it should have stayed where it was.

I was going to mention FF8 remake but in all fairness, I wish the FF8 remake got the improvements that FF7 remake got. FF7 remake feels like a completely different game with the update to the battle mechanics such as summoning a GF and they help you out for a portion of the battle until they do their special and stuff like that. FF8 remake was basically a graphical update more or less with very minor improvements.

In all honesty all the remakes I've played sucked on some level, I don't remember a single one that was perfect.

RE2 and RE3 have at least put in the effort, too bad I was never a fan of those games in the first place.I've recently purchased both but only because of the abundance of mods available for them.