Register Now
killamch89

The M1 chip will be in the next Ipad Pro. The Tablet Market can't compete with that kind of power

The Apple M1 chip that were receiving such rave reviews for their performance in the recent Macbook laptops will be in the next Ipad Pro. That's right folks! The most powerful tablet on the market is about to be in a league of its own. As much as I think most other Apple products are pretty overpriced, the Ipad has always been my favorite tablet. The tablet market will really need a miracle to every stand a chance against this behemoth of a tablet. I'm definitely getting myself one - what do you think of this?

I've never ever owned an apple, but these chips are absolutely crushing everything else, I hope everyone else can catch up. Don't they lease some of this tech from the founders of ARM though? That would give me hope

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I've never ever owned an apple, but these chips are absolutely crushing everything else, I hope everyone else can catch up. Don't they lease some of this tech from the founders of ARM though? That would give me hope

ARM is the one who developed Apple's chip but the M1 is even more powerful than the current Ryzen and Intel Offerings. That in itself would make the next Ipad a legitimate desktop replacement provided they make it able to run Mac Apps natively.

M1 is completely in house. They do have external consultant but the chip design is completely in house. It would take a lot of time for android manufacturers, intel and others to catch up for this. 

Apple has always been on the high tech for there systems but there is no competition with them, if you are an apple person that use apple only then you have not got a option and  same for windows and other users. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

M1 is completely in house. They do have external consultant but the chip design is completely in house. It would take a lot of time for android manufacturers, intel and others to catch up for this. 

Both Ryzen and Intel is copying the design with their upcoming offerings later this year. As for Qualcomm, they'll be getting even more competition from the Exynos Chips set to be launched later this year with AMD GPU component. The leaks showed that it's way ahead of Qualcomm.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:14 AM, skyfire said:

I'd say that would take 3 more years for them to compete with M1. Not even Ryzen can match that up. The devices due to m1 are so strong that even 8GB RAM suffices for their performance. 

I'm starting to wonder if they plan on putting it future flagship smartphones within the next 5 years. They did say that at some point they wanted all their hardware to run on one iteration of MAC so that they can use the Apps between devices seamlessly.

As a student, the iPad is the ultimate study buddy! This upgrade seems awesome! One one worry is that students are often pretty broke and so hopefully this new iPad will not break the bank too bad 😅.

On 5/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, killamch89 said:

I'm starting to wonder if they plan on putting it future flagship smartphones within the next 5 years. They did say that at some point they wanted all their hardware to run on one iteration of MAC so that they can use the Apps between devices seamlessly.

It seems that way. they already have leaks about the new M2 and the macbook pro range as well. 

I am not fan of theirs either. But the thing is that apple pen and also the tablets overall support for graphics design. I think there is literally no option against them. android tablets are literally running 1 year behind updates which is bad for business and productivity.