Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you follow your RL personal code in games?

In another thread, we were discussing the ethical rules we hold ourselves to in real life. Do you usually follow the same rules when you play games, or do you break from them?

I usually try to follow the same rules in games I want to IRL, as it 1-boosts immersion, and 2-serves as a way to train myself to do better at it IRL.

I rarely encounter the same situations in RL as in games. So it's hard to say if I do the same as I'd do in real life. I do what I feel like is right for the character, not what I'd necessarily do myself given the same situation. But it would be a very mundane game if I'd have to deal with situations in it I already do IRL.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:25 AM, m76 said:

. I do what I feel like is right for the character, not what I'd necessarily do myself given the same situation.

Good point. If it is a character that was handed to me, not one I came up with, I do likewise. I want to be true to the character's journey.

On 5/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, StaceyPowers said:

In another thread, we were discussing the ethical rules we hold ourselves to in real life. Do you usually follow the same rules when you play games, or do you break from them?

I usually try to follow the same rules in games I want to IRL, as it 1-boosts immersion, and 2-serves as a way to train myself to do better at it IRL.

Seriously, my personality says a lot about how I live my life and it's still very much applicable to how I play my games as well. I'm one person through and through.