Register Now
Patrik

Best old games in terms of details

The Chronicles of Riddick had very awesome details for a game made in the early 2000s. It's graphics hold up pretty well even by today's standards and it had amazing first-person melee and weapon-based combat animations. It's one of the most underrated games of the early 2000s.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:21 AM, Patrik said:

For me, the best game when it comes to details is surely GTA San Andreas, it's impressive how people are still finding small details even after 17 years of the release of the game

No doubt at that time GTA San Andreas had provided the next level of gaming experience. I also remember, I had extensively played Max Payne then. The graphics might be low as compared to GTA, but just have a look at the slow motion effects. It was so awesome in that time to provide such a gameplay.

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

No doubt at that time GTA San Andreas had provided the next level of gaming experience. I also remember, I had extensively played Max Payne then. The graphics might be low as compared to GTA, but just have a look at the slow motion effects. It was so awesome in that time to provide such a gameplay.

I really wish I could get myself to love playing GTA because all the hype is already getting at me like I'm missing something big. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:30 AM, Heatman said:

I really wish I could get myself to love playing GTA because all the hype is already getting at me like I'm missing something big. 

Have you played the GTA vice City? That was also an awesome game before the launch of San Andreas. Now, when I look back to my time playing this game, I frankly laugh at myself. 

The graphics were too low to believe as we compare it with current games, but it was like the best game at that time. 😁

Doom 2016 (amazingly optimized and can run 4k/60 on something like a 1080). Funnily enough I also replayed Crysis and played FC2 for the first time for a while, I had cpu drops to 35 fps on say the second level when the tanks come in, or in the final boss, where as the alien level thanks to all the volumetric lights had my gpu not pulling more than 90, this is without MSAA!!

Half Life 2 with the Update mod (through Steam) and MMod (moddb.com). Update gives a general polish to everything, fixing bugs and improving some visuals, it even includes the better water and whatnot from the episodes. MMod gives a revamped experience of the gunplay, with updated weapon models, sounds, and mechanic; all of the changes are optiona

On 7/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, Razor1911 said:

the optional slow motion option in Max Payne was obviously a unique thing in the game obviously!!

2 hours ago, Patrik said:

the optional slow motion option in Max Payne was obviously a unique thing in the game obviously!!

Was that optional? I thought it was default setting. But never really tried to optimise the settings. ☺️

That slow motion part I liked the most. Even if there had been any option, I would still enable it. 😊 

On 7/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, Razor1911 said:

Have you played the GTA vice City? That was also an awesome game before the launch of San Andreas. Now, when I look back to my time playing this game, I frankly laugh at myself. 

The graphics were too low to believe as we compare it with current games, but it was like the best game at that time. 😁

I actually gave it a little go but in one way or another, I don't really know why I have a poor connection with GTA series in general. 

18 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Was that optional? I thought it was default setting. But never really tried to optimise the settings. ☺️

That slow motion part I liked the most. Even if there had been any option, I would still enable it. 😊 

it's not really a setting, but you trigger it by pressing a specific button, you can play without it if you wish

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

it's not really a setting, but you trigger it by pressing a specific button, you can play without it if you wish

Oh I see. I don't remember all the setting and buttons. lOl.

But I most of the time used that slow motion, as I got more time to aim at their butts. 😆

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I think Gran Turismo 3 hasn't aged that badly, considering it came out 20 years ago.  I think the graphics have for the most part held up.

It's obviously your favorite game and there is no chance in hell it's going to get old in your eyes 👀 as long as you still play it.