Register Now
Shagger

The Gaming Mod Thread

9 minutes ago, Shole said:

I mean this is what it is, I couldn't access it on the official minecraft microsoft store 😞

OK, so I was half right. They've adding RT to the game as an update. What kind of hardware have you got?

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

OK, so I was half right. They've adding RT to the game as an update. What kind of hardware have you got?

I got an Geforce RTX 2060 and i7 processor, I got a laptop tho, the Asus Rog Strix

24 minutes ago, Shole said:

I got an Geforce RTX 2060 and i7 processor, I got a laptop tho, the Asus Rog Strix

It's still and RTX 20-Series GPU, so there shouldn't be any issues with compatibility for ray tracing. Have you got the latest version of Minecraft from the windows store with you GPU drives up to date?

On 7/4/2021 at 10:00 PM, Shagger said:

It's still and RTX 20-Series GPU, so there shouldn't be any issues with compatibility for ray tracing. Have you got the latest version of Minecraft from the windows store with you GPU drives up to date?

That's the thing it's region locked, I tried to it's still in the beta(or last time I checked) so it's region locked and Serbia seems to not be on the list ughhh....This is why I hate living here sometimes. I'll recheck again when I reinstall my windows cuz I have the Update failure bug now so I gotta reinstall this thing. Windows is so buggy I can't wait for windows 11.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:47 PM, The Blackangel said:

Despite not being much of a PC gamer, I think it would be a good idea that I keep up with this thread. I know nothing about modding, and think I could learn a lot here. So I'll be asking a lot of questions. It may seem like I'm in the wrong thread at times, but I feel my ignorance should be a good reason for me to post here.

So my first question, is to @Shagger What did the mods you installed do? I see your screenshots, but since I'm an extreme n00b to Skyrim, I have no idea what you changed.

Some people don't really cope with PC gaming and it's understandable especially when they are more used to pad unlike the use of mouse for PC games. 

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Some people don't really cope with PC gaming and it's understandable especially when they are more used to pad unlike the use of mouse for PC games. 

This is a topic to discuss game modding. Please try to stay on topic.

I am totally new to mods. If I install a mod, and then I decide I don’t like it, and I uninstall it, will I have to revert back to the last save I made before it was installed? Or will the game somehow update my most recent save with the new, un-modded game state, and I can just go on with my life?

The best thing to do is always have a save prior to the mod being installed. Some mods can be removed quite easily without any effect on the game - However, there are some that will leave scripts behind which will affect your gameplay going or them might just be passive. On PC, we have tools to remove said script but I can' speak much about console modding.

9 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I am totally new to mods. If I install a mod, and then I decide I don’t like it, and I uninstall it, will I have to revert back to the last save I made before it was installed? Or will the game somehow update my most recent save with the new, un-modded game state, and I can just go on with my life?

Just gentle reminder to yourself and everyone else to to please keep discussions about mods to the Gaming Mod thread.  The purpose of this thread is compile discussions, recommendations and tips and questions together to make finding them easier in the event someone else has a similar query rather than have that information scattered elsewhere on the site. Please don't make new threads, just post the query here instead. No biggie, I've merged the threads together now.

Anyway, in answer to your question, whether one has to load an old save or not depends on the nature of the mod itself. Mods to improve textures, graphics, the UI or sound, usually not because that's just changing something that's already there in the base game.  However, if the mod adds characters, animations, questlines, items or environments, then removing the mod will will remove those and may may cause problems as those characters, items, animations, questlines or environments will no longer exist. So if you remove a mod that adds a certain weapon, that weapon will disappear, but is unlikely to cause a crash or warrant a re-load of an older save,  but if your mod adds a player home and you remove that mod, a save from inside that player home will not load properly.

Edited by Shagger

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

Just gentle reminder to yourself and everyone else to to please keep discussions about mods to the Gaming Mod thread.  The purpose of this thread is compile discussions, recommendations and tips and questions together to make finding them easier in the event someone else has a similar query rather than have that information scattered elsewhere on the site. Please don't make new threads, just post the query here instead. No biggie, I've merged the threads together now.

Anyway, in answer to your question, whether one has to load an old save or nor depends on the nature of the mod itself. Mods to improve textures, graphics, the UI or sound, usually not because that's just changing something that's already there in the base game.  However, if the mod adds characters, animations, questlines, items or environments, then removing the mod will will remove those may cause problems as characters, items, animations, questlines or environments will no longer exist. So if you remove a mod that adds a certain weapon, that weapon will disappear, but is unlikely to cause a crash or warrant a re-load of an older save,  but if your mod adds a player home and you remove that mod, a save from inside that player home will not load properly.

Thank you; that is a very clear and thorough explanation!

And sorry--I am pretty sure you've had to tell me about the mods thread twice 😞 Thank you for the merge/reminder!

19 hours ago, tdbnz said:

I haven't modded  any game to my knowledge yet ,

however it would be cool do just to see weird or unseal things happen LOL

If you are playing on PC, it's definitely going to be easy for you to start out the act and see how you would get used to it. 

On 5/23/2021 at 11:54 AM, Shagger said:

Just sharing a few shots of my latest modded Skyrim. God, I love mods...

489830_20210522224919_1.thumb.png.61f7203f7873c84890b6b3647c892afe.png

489830_20210522231701_1.thumb.png.8b3d0bd2b82864b5c47d733e915764d1.png

489830_20210523113722_1.thumb.png.57888bf96149d00b169ad7f5832fae9e.png

489830_20210523113923_1.thumb.png.d316b5f7d1c18ada8cbfc666f0838938.png

489830_20210523113531_1.thumb.png.3388db22e9a949ab90c3e0d4915f6f02.png

Why does this look like a scene from God of war, I haven't played Skyrim but this graphics like so good. I might just have to get the game now, i just hope its available on PS4.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Why does this look like a scene from God of war, I haven't played Skyrim but this graphics like so good. I might just have to get the game now, i just hope its available on PS4.

Skyrim is available on PS4, but it will not look like this,

First of, it's a 10 year old game. It was enhanced for the PS4 as part of the Definitive Edition with enhanced visuals, but not like what you saw on my screenshots.

The screenshots you see there are from a heavily modified version of the game on PC. The PS4 version can be modified, but the options for mods are extremely limited because that version of the game can't be run with a Script Extender. On those screenshots the textures on the trees and foliage, the ground, the sky, the buildings and even the lighting have all been modified so they look different and it's likely you will not be able to duplicate the same results I got on console. 

I felt it was important to tell you because I would hate for you to buy the game on PS4 expecting it to look like that.

On 5/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, Shagger said:

Skyrim is available on PS4, but it will not look like this,

First of, it's a 10 year old game. It was enhanced for the PS4 as part of the Definitive Edition with enhanced visuals, but not like what you saw on my screenshots.

The screenshots you see there are from a heavily modified version of the game on PC. The PS4 version can be modified, but the options for mods are extremely limited because that version of the game can't be run with a Script Extender. On those screenshots the textures on the trees and foliage, the ground, the sky, the buildings and even the lighting have all been modified so they look different and it's likely you will not be able to duplicate the same results I got on console. 

I felt it was important to tell you because I would hate for you to buy the game on PS4 expecting it to look like that.

I thought as much, because I made a research about Skyrim as soon as I saw your post and the videos I got from other players weren't looking as good as yours. I wish I knew much about gaming mods as there are a couple of games I would certainly like to modify and give it a more realistic and professional look than what is available on my PC or PS4.