Register Now
Patrik

Playing kids games as an adult

In my opinion, what's abnormal is to be stressed about feeling good and worrying what others think of the games you play. Im 27 and LOVE the legend of zelda and mario. But I also play dark souls. It's about enjoying your free time and if you find happiness in Mario then you keep on enjoying it! We only have so much time in life. Make the best of it 🙂

Growing old is required, growing up is optional.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

most kids games can't give you anything close to that.

i understand, but sometimes i really get the mood for playing that as they bring lot of childhood memories

Just now, Empire said:

worrying what others think of the games you play. Im 27 and LOVE the legend of zelda and mario

taking people opinions on consideration is really a big issue

7 hours ago, Patrik said:

i understand, but sometimes i really get the mood for playing that as they bring lot of childhood memories

I get it and it's fine if you enjoy them, I just have too many others that give me more entertainment.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

In my opinion, what's abnormal is to be stressed about feeling good and worrying what others think of the games you play. Im 27 and LOVE the legend of zelda and mario. But I also play dark souls. It's about enjoying your free time and if you find happiness in Mario then you keep on enjoying it! We only have so much time in life. Make the best of it 🙂

Growing old is required, growing up is optional.

I also still play the Legend Of Zelda and Mario - I wouldn't necessarily say those are kids games. True they are kid-friendly but there's a pretty complicated story and some pretty dark themes in these two.

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

As far as I'm concerned, if the game is very enjoyable and entertaining to the adults playing the game, I don't really see anything wrong with it. 

I too agree with you. As long as the game is enjoyable, we should not have any problem playing it. Just like I still play Mario. From the childhood I love the character, specially the music is really a nostalgic one.

Sometime I play Contra force also. these are my favourite childhood games that I still play whenever I get chance.

59 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I too agree with you. As long as the game is enjoyable, we should not have any problem playing it. Just like I still play Mario. From the childhood I love the character, specially the music is really a nostalgic one.

Sometime I play Contra force also. these are my favourite childhood games that I still play whenever I get chance.

Seriously, when it comes to gaming, the most important thing is that you enjoy the game and it doesn't matter what particular game you actually played. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:26 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, when it comes to gaming, the most important thing is that you enjoy the game and it doesn't matter what particular game you actually played. 

Mario and Contra force were actually favourite games of 90s kids. Many people laugh at me to play such kids game being an adult, but frankly I don't care .

As you said, as long as the games gives pleasure and entertainment, what else do we need. That's what we are looking while we play, isn't it?

On 7/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Razor1911 said:

Mario and Contra force were actually favourite games of 90s kids. Many people laugh at me to play such kids game being an adult, but frankly I don't care .

As you said, as long as the games gives pleasure and entertainment, what else do we need. That's what we are looking while we play, isn't it?

Exactly, it's actually what matters most which is the happiness and gaming satisfaction of the gamer and not the opinions of others. 

On 7/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's actually what matters most which is the happiness and gaming satisfaction of the gamer and not the opinions of others. 

Yeah, actually that's what really matters. If I am satisfied playing with it, then third person's comments should not alter my own preferences.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:09 AM, Razor1911 said:

I'm a 90s kid and I also loved those games but my favorite to play was actually the original Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Street Fighter games. Games nowadays lack gore and the characters are all polite to each other and stuff - Where's the conflict? XD

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm a 90s kid and I also loved those games but my favorite to play was actually the original Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Street Fighter games. Games nowadays lack gore and the characters are all polite to each other and stuff - Where's the conflict? XD

Yeah, I too played mortal combat and Tekken. That's a hell lot of fun to play these fighting games then. We lack the excitement now. 😣

These days, graphics are much enhanced, but I don't have the enthusiasm like my school days. 😏

On 7/28/2021 at 5:42 AM, Demon_skeith said:

As long as the game is fun/enjoyable, I don't care if its for adults or kids. I've played a few movie games that were for kids as a teenager that was very fun. 

Seriously, that's it for me. Why would one worry about the game being in kiddies category when you actually enjoy it whenever you play it?