Register Now
Patrik

New to Terraria, any help?

Got it yesterday on steam, i love the weather of the game but i never managed to understand anything inside it, does anyone else here play it? if yes, then i'd be grateful if you guide me to some newbie friendly tutorial xd

Ahh... I played Terraria for quite a long time on the 360 in the past.  I would assume the Steam version comes with the same or similar kind of tutorial at the beginning.

Basically your ultimate objective is to find and kill the unspeakable horror at the bottom of the world.  Aside from that, there's no real objectives in the game.  Its what's called a sandbox game, like Minecraft (which I've never played by the way).  You go around and kill things and gather materials via cutting trees and digging.  lots and lots and lots of digging.  You can literally dig up anything and everything, and use it to build stuff.  You can build buildings and furniture and a bazillion kinds of things.  You can build a furnace and an anvil, smelt ore, and make all kinds of swords and armor and stuff.  You go around and find chests with various accessories and equipment in them that give you abilities like being able to climb, double jump, glide and other such things.  You can't really "beat" the game.  But you can explore a randomly generated world, get stronger by finding and making things, try to kill all the bosses, and get creative coming up with different kinds of things to build.

18 hours ago, Steerminator said:

Ahh... I played Terraria for quite a long time on the 360 in the past.  I would assume the Steam version comes with the same or similar kind of tutorial at the beginning.

Basically your ultimate objective is to find and kill the unspeakable horror at the bottom of the world.  Aside from that, there's no real objectives in the game.  Its what's called a sandbox game, like Minecraft (which I've never played by the way).  You go around and kill things and gather materials via cutting trees and digging.  lots and lots and lots of digging.  You can literally dig up anything and everything, and use it to build stuff.  You can build buildings and furniture and a bazillion kinds of things.  You can build a furnace and an anvil, smelt ore, and make all kinds of swords and armor and stuff.  You go around and find chests with various accessories and equipment in them that give you abilities like being able to climb, double jump, glide and other such things.  You can't really "beat" the game.  But you can explore a randomly generated world, get stronger by finding and making things, try to kill all the bosses, and get creative coming up with different kinds of things to build.

Thanks a lot!

I had played it many times in the past, It is a difficult game actually. You often die and just as often and you find yourselves lost in the depths of the earth. It is dark inside, perhaps because you no longer have torches with which to illuminate the caves. I think that's the dark environment you like as you said.

Though actually it is much easier to play it than Minecraft. 😊