Register Now
StaceyPowers

Light bars: love them or hate them?

I feel the light bar on my new controller is obnoxiously bright even on “dim.” It creates glare and distraction, and worse, it is blue light at night. It looks cool, but on a practical level, it is a hassle. How do you feel about light bars?

They never really bother me when they're on a controller, yet again the controller I've that has one is the Dualshock 4 (PS4) and when one is focused and looking at the screen on a game it's uncommon for me to really notice.

On 7/12/2021 at 7:36 AM, m76 said:

Any bright light is annoying, no excptions. I used to tape the power led on some of my displays and other equipment.

This is what I would suggest, black electrical tape! It's what I use on my laptop to cover the camera because it's easily removable when I need it and doesn't leave a sticky residue.

It think if you're sleeping in the same room as a controller with a light bar that's on then that's annoying but I don't mind it for actual game play.

Black tap fixes everything lol. On a more serious note, I hardly notice most of the time because I'm so focused on the game - the only time it start bother me is when I'm gaming and falling asleep and it's the main reason I can't doze off.

On 7/14/2021 at 4:23 AM, killamch89 said:

Black tap fixes everything lol. On a more serious note, I hardly notice most of the time because I'm so focused on the game - the only time it start bother me is when I'm gaming and falling asleep and it's the main reason I can't doze off.

Haha on the black tape, I would say or use duct tape which is by far very strong 😂. It's funny with some things we come up with as fixers. 

But on the other hand, I can lose the controller and remove the light bars myself.