Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Email Services

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Gmail is better feature wise but not privacy wise as they easily sell our data and use it in adwords. 

So true and the amount of data they gather on you is seriously frightening - all you have to do is going to your account activity section and you'd see the tons of data Google has about you.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true and the amount of data they gather on you is seriously frightening - all you have to do is going to your account activity section and you'd see the tons of data Google has about you.

Wow - seriously I have never really bothered about this till now. I'm definitely checking it out but it's not like I'm going to stop using for it. 

Google is the worst when it comes to data tampering. I am pretty sure they can be selling this type of data to the people who bid the most. this is one reason it was easy for china to buy it up and infiltrate in USA for manipulating in their grounds. same with amazon and facebook too. This is why other mail providers have customers these days. otherwise gmail was user experience wise perfect. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Google is the worst when it comes to data tampering. I am pretty sure they can be selling this type of data to the people who bid the most. this is one reason it was easy for china to buy it up and infiltrate in USA for manipulating in their grounds. same with amazon and facebook too. This is why other mail providers have customers these days. otherwise gmail was user experience wise perfect. 

Seriously, it's not a good practice by Google with what they have been doing so far according to all the information about how they deal with their users data. This is a very good night problem. 

On 8/31/2021 at 5:21 AM, skyfire said:

Actually, the Chinese businesses own a lot or have shares in a lot of US companies so they have a lot of say in the tech industry.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Actually, the Chinese businesses own a lot or have shares in a lot of US companies so they have a lot of say in the tech industry.

I actually believe that it's even why the US Government cannot really get rid of them if they wanted to because they would have a lot to lose. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah and surprisingly US and no other country has a say on chinese grounds even with stakes in their companies. 

1 hour ago, skyfire said:

Yeah and surprisingly US and no other country has a say on chinese grounds even with stakes in their companies. 

Seriously the rate at which China 🇨🇳 is waxing strong every day in all sectors is something most countries can't keep up with. 

I've always used hotmail. It was the first email service I signed up with as a kid. I did have to change my email address a few years ago due to getting so much spam, I couldn't tell what was legit email and what wasn't anymore. I do have a couple gmail addresses, but they're only for YouTube. I never check them since I don't actually use them.

I also have a couple email addresses tied to my website, but they're mostly throwaway emails. I can hold up to 75 email addresses at my site, but even with giving a couple out, I have only so far used up like 6 or 7.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I've always used hotmail. It was the first email service I signed up with as a kid. I did have to change my email address a few years ago due to getting so much spam, I couldn't tell what was legit email and what wasn't anymore. I do have a couple gmail addresses, but they're only for YouTube. I never check them since I don't actually use them.

I also have a couple email addresses tied to my website, but they're mostly throwaway emails. I can hold up to 75 email addresses at my site, but even with giving a couple out, I have only so far used up like 6 or 7.

Damn - I can't believe that I forgot Hotmail!! Is it still functional now? I learnt about it together with MySpace, I'm not sure if that one too is still functional. 

Edited by Heatman

My e-mail account is the same Hotmail address I've had for got to be close to 18 years. I've never felt the need to change to something else. In the modern times I use that email to log into Microsoft's more modern Outlook service, but it's still the same address and the same account after almost two decades. It's amazing to think I've moved house at least three times in same timespan.

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

MySpace was more or less killed by Facebook. I remember using MySpace a long time ago, and I actually liked it.

As for Hotmail, yeah it's still functional. It runs and works great.

I really had a great time then making use of MySpace. I use to hit Cyber Cafe often to access the site. I couldn't really remember what threw me off it's usage ; maybe it's the advent of Facebook like you said.