Register Now
The Blackangel

GTA Vice City

I discovered today that I have GTA Vice City for PS2. I didn't know the game was in my collection. What can everyone tell me about this game? I don't know where in the series it is, nor do I know what the "mission" (if there is one) is in the game. I honestly don't know how to play it. I know nothing of this game, and little about the entire series. Modern day games typically just aren't my thing. But my curiosity is peaked with this one.

So anything anyone can tell me about the game would be much appreciated. Both opinions and facts.

Vice City is my favourite GTA game. Everybody gives the props to San Andreas, but I actually prefer Vice City. I like it's setting I like the pogromist, love the soundtrack and the side missions are much more rewarding that GTA3. 

Set in the 1980's, about 15 years or so further back than GTA3, you play as Tommy Vercetti, a mobster recently released from prison. The "family" in Liberty City don't want Tommy in town because his crimes are too fresh in the mind of the local population, so they send him to Vice City to set a drag deal to quietly make some money in this bustling trade that Vice City has to offer. They want to do this quietly because the family doesn't want to deal with drugs openly. However, the deal is a set up and both the drugs and the money is stolen, so now Tommy has to track down whoever it was that set them up and recover the drugs and cash. Thus begins his quest to build his own little empire for the mob in Vice City.

I think it's superb. It's the good old goofy days of GTA, but with a compelling story in there as well.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I discovered today that I have GTA Vice City for PS2. I didn't know the game was in my collection. What can everyone tell me about this game? I don't know where in the series it is, nor do I know what the "mission" (if there is one) is in the game. I honestly don't know how to play it. I know nothing of this game, and little about the entire series. Modern day games typically just aren't my thing. But my curiosity is peaked with this one.

So anything anyone can tell me about the game would be much appreciated. Both opinions and facts.

From watching my friends play GTA Vice City back then, I can tell very well that it's something that is quite interesting because they are never gloomy but lively whenever playing it. 

On 8/15/2021 at 2:46 PM, Shagger said:

Vice City is my favourite GTA game. Everybody gives the props to San Andreas, but I actually prefer Vice City. I like it's setting I like the pogromist, love the soundtrack and the side missions are much more rewarding that GTA3. 

Set in the 1980's, about 15 years or so further back than GTA3, you play as Tommy Vercetti, a mobster recently released from prison. The "family" in Liberty City don't want Tommy in town because his crimes are too fresh in the mind of the local population, so they send him to Vice City to set a drag deal to quietly make some money in this bustling trade that Vice City has to offer. They want to do this quietly because the family doesn't want to deal with drugs openly. However, the deal is a set up and both the drugs and the money is stolen, so now Tommy has to track down whoever it was that set them up and recover the drugs and cash. Thus begins his quest to build his own little empire for the mob in Vice City.

I think it's superb. It's the good old goofy days of GTA, but with a compelling story in there as well.

Vice City bring back so many memories during high school - I couldn't wait until the weekends to sit and play it for the whole day.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I've played lots of the GTA series, but it seems that GTA vice city is erasing on my head due to the fact I play lots of GTA San Andreas. It's almost same with the San Andreas version, the background, gameplay and features are almost the same. 

Well, if you still have the game, you can just easily get back to playing or replaying it once again and relive all the fun and memories. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, Heatman said:

Well, if you still have the game, you can just easily get back to playing or replaying it once again and relive all the fun and memories. 

I don't have the vice city type, I have the San Andreas type which is installed on my PC, I also have the hard disc on my PS4 console. 

On 10/8/2021 at 1:10 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I don't have the vice city type, I have the San Andreas type which is installed on my PC, I also have the hard disc on my PS4 console. 

You can easily get it for about $3 on certain sites like CDkeys. That way, you'll be able to enjoy vice city again...

On 10/8/2021 at 7:10 PM, Head_Hunter said:

CDkeys is there for you to get access to it at a very cheap rate that's not worth anything much. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

CDkeys is there for you to get access to it at a very cheap rate that's not worth anything much. 

No problem, the options of GTA are pretty much, I simply choose the one I love most to play when I am done satisfying myself I move over to next one. 

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

No problem, the options of GTA are pretty much, I simply choose the one I love most to play when I am done satisfying myself I move over to next one. 

Alright then, it's always good to have your alternatives mapped out in case you need them. So, you know where to look already when it's needed. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Alright then, it's always good to have your alternatives mapped out in case you need them. So, you know where to look already when it's needed. 

Sure, their are alternatives to always look out for, its simply step by step gaming for me, no rushing, lol.