Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you prefer puzzles with one solution or multiple solutions?

7 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What is more enjoyable for you, puzzles with a single solution or puzzles with multiple possible solutions?

Puzzles? I don't like them at all. I mostly abound puzzle games. The only one game that I like of this genre is Sudoku, and nothing else. ๐Ÿ˜†

12 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Puzzles? I don't like them at all. I mostly abound puzzle games. The only one game that I like of this genre is Sudoku, and nothing else. ๐Ÿ˜†

I think she meant in-game puzzles, not a whole game of puzzles because those are extremely boring.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think she meant in-game puzzles, not a whole game of puzzles because those are extremely boring.

Oh that means, games like Tomb raider. Yeah, sometimes it is interesting, but it becomes an obstacle when I am not able to crack that. I had to search that on YT or Google lol. ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Razor1911

14 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Oh that means, games like Tomb raider. Yeah, sometimes it is interesting, but it becomes an obstacle when I am not able to crack that. I had to search that on YT or Google lol. ๐Ÿ˜†

I usually figure it out because there's always some clue lying around either that or I try to guess which actually works at times.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I usually figure it out because there's always some clue lying around either that or I try to guess which actually works at times.

Yeah, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I remember, once I was trapped inside the cave in tomb raider game. I was not able to get out of that, the fire was burning isnide and there was not much time. I tried 100s of times the same method, which didn't work.

Later, searched on YT, and found that I need to use a rope to climb and then need to roll the drum, which will eventually blast in the fire, and clear my passage. Such puzzles are really hard to crack sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜

On 8/20/2021 at 12:36 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What is more enjoyable for you, puzzles with a single solution or puzzles with multiple possible solutions?

Unfortunately, I don't really fancy playing any kind of puzzle video games at all. It's not that I haven't played any in the past but it's not something that I like playing.ย 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:22 AM, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I remember, once I was trapped inside the cave in tomb raider game. I was not able to get out of that, the fire was burning isnide and there was not much time. I tried 100s of times the same method, which didn't work.

Later, searched on YT, and found that I need to use a rope to climb and then need to roll the drum, which will eventually blast in the fire, and clear my passage. Such puzzles are really hard to crack sometimes. ๐Ÿ˜

I like puzzles that make you have to put some thought into it. I mean, puzzles in most modern games either are way too easy or some insane Quantum computer difficulty type of puzzle. They just can't master the art of making it challenging but not impossible.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I like puzzles that make you have to put some thought into it. I mean, puzzles in most modern games either are way too easy or some insane Quantum computer difficulty type of puzzle. They just can't master the art of making it challenging but not impossible.

Seriously - when it gets too difficult to play, it really gets very frustrating because there would seemingly be no way to crack it.ย 

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's what a real puzzle should be. Not that tough, not that easy to crack. Just like I had said, that puzzle was easy to solve, it's actually me who couldn't clear the easy mission. ๐Ÿ˜†

12 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

That's what a real puzzle should be. Not that tough, not that easy to crack. Just like I had said, that puzzle was easy to solve, it's actually me who couldn't clear the easy mission. ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah - if it offers a sense of fun and reward in the end, it's definitely worth the play but it's level of difficulty shouldn't be too much.ย 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I've had puzzles that accept multiple valid solutions and puzzles that would only accept one solution. Kind of frustrating. But I rather like it with multiple in my case, makes it more thinkingย  like ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Seriously - It's actually the frustration that comes with playing puzzle games that drove me far away from playing them.ย