Register Now
StaceyPowers

Yale doctor uses video game to fight drug addiction

How would they even implement it? Would they make high schoolers play it in school, or hope that they actually buy it from the store? And they should add alcohol to that list. BAM!!! Not gonna happen cause the lobbies have the money to protect alcohol and force the pills down our throats. If schools adopt it, then the government gets in there, then the lobbies get in there. And you are left with-illegal NO...prescription-YES. Come get your bump at the pharmacy. It's sugar coated for you. Say ahhhhhh. 🤐

I made a comment recently about the idea of using games to make a positive impact on people, and here we've got someone actually doing it!  Thanks for sharing this, I'm sick and tired of media constantly trying to convince everyone that "people do bad things because video games".  Yet these same assholes never mention "people do good things because video games".

It's a proven fact that video games and other entertainment media don't change people in such extreme ways as to turn them into killers, but it might dissuade people from drugs or other addictions.

Games like Hatred keep me from going off the deep end. There are other games where intoxicants are a core feature, and you see what happens when someone uses such item. But it doesn't go in depth like this game does. I think it's a good idea if they can figure out the right way to implement it so that it reaches a broader audience of kids. The after school just say no campaigns failed miserably. It's documented that it actually drove more kids to try drugs as opposed to dissuade them from it. Maybe this will have it's intended effect since it's delivered in video game form.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:41 PM, StaceyPowers said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/education/568236-how-a-yale-doctor-is-using-a-video-game-to-fight-the

A Yale doctor is using a video game as a tool to teach young people about choices and consequences to help prevent drug addiction.

It's actually one of the innovative benefits that comes with video game and I'm quite impressed someone is taking advantage of it to impact positively in the lives of people.