Register Now
StaceyPowers

Single biggest change you want to see in the video game industry?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The disappearance of all these predatory microtransaction systems and games being completely functional on release instead of being patched after a buggy release.

Seriously, it's something that I believe that over 99% of all gamers would be pretty interested for it to be totally rooted out but it's an impossible task as of now. 

That's all I use it for. Do they just look for things to add onto consoles to increase price? I buy the system for games. Give me a choice to buy a standard system with nothing on it except the disc drive, and the rest can dig their forks deep into the cabbage of every other add on feature. Seriously, I have no use for anything but the gaming part. 

3 hours ago, Family sedan said:

I want a far cheaper console, even if all it could do was play a game and save.

For the next gen consoles, it's definitely not going to be something that would be possible at least for now but I sure do want that as well. 

2 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Well I'm happy having the first three generations of the PlayStation for now.

I have already experienced all the first 4 from Playstation 1 to Playstation 4, although I'm currently having only PS4. 

More focus on storytelling and less focus on clout and after sales monetization options. I don't know why are we accepting those. Would you accept your car charging you each time you turn on the radio? Or each time you roll down the window?  After you bought a game you should be able to play them unrestricted, and any later purchases should be additional content, and I don't mean weapon skins. Actual meaningful content.

31 minutes ago, m76 said:

More focus on storytelling and less focus on clout and after sales monetization options. I don't know why are we accepting those. Would you accept your car charging you each time you turn on the radio? Or each time you roll down the window?  After you bought a game you should be able to play them unrestricted, and any later purchases should be additional content, and I don't mean weapon skins. Actual meaningful content.

Seriously, it's very downing how such microtransactions makes me feel. With the vivid explanation you did with one getting a car, it's basically the same thing with getting a game. 

If you need an upgrade in your car for something it didn't come with, your expected to pay for it and not charging you extra for driving it.