Register Now
Sharon

Xbox Live Membership - which do you purchase?

With the little bit that I play I sometimes I just try my luck at getting a cheap 7 day pass from an eBay seller.  It's hard for me to justify the $60 12 month Gold Membership but I know back in the day when I had more free time to spare that was a no brainer. 

Do you subscribe to Xbox Live? If so, which do you normally purchase?

I have Game Pass Ultimate which provides me with the Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold. I got my Xbox Series X through the All Access program so they charge me for Ultimate alongside the console. Not a cheap option but pretty happy with it since it was the only way to get a Series X (stock issues).

On 9/16/2021 at 12:42 AM, Sharon said:

I'm not familiar with the All Access program. What does that include?

Pay a monthly price to get the Xbox Series X console and Game Pass Ultimate for the duration of the contract (so 2 years of it). You don't pay anything extra in terms of interest but you do end up paying full price for Game Pass Ultimate. If you bought it separately, it would be slightly cheaper since you can usually find a decent deal for it.

I have just recently been purchasing my Xbox Game Pass Ultimate from Ebay for a small price to get a code that works for existing customers as I am waiting for them to release the Family Membership so that I can pay one price for everyone in the household. At the moment I am finding the way I am doing it for everyone more affordable than it would be to purchase the retail price on the Xbox. I am hoping that they do release the family package in the UK pretty soon as I know it's going to be a great deal to get us all online and with game pass. 

I get Gamepass ultimate, as it include gamepass and a month of XBL gold. I think Gamepass is going to outright replace Xbl gold, and we'll see Gamepass as its replacement soon enough. It makes sense though, since Ultimate gets you gold I see no point in calling it gold anymore. Just call it Gamepass and you can include the online component there as well. I usually just purchase a $15 card for Gamepass ultimate whenever I want a month or so. 

Gold is cheaper than gamepass or ultimate in 3rd world countries and it's a lot easier to find and rent or exchangening games for very cheap is common so when you have a new online game that does have multi-player as it's core like bf1 or titanfall 2 , you buy gold and you play the game or use the sharing feature so maybe one month I buy gold and the next my friend does and we share games and online , that's how I used to do it .