Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 10 Video Game Urban Legends

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Squall one is still up for debate - I mean it could be a plausible theory but I just think they were stuck in different dimensions.

Yeah - there's definitely more than one dimension in the play when they shifted from a more realistic world after Squall was stabbed in the chest. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - there's definitely more than one dimension in the play when they shifted from a more realistic world after Squall was stabbed in the chest. 

He actually wasn't stabbed in the chest. If you watch the cinematic closely enough, you will see that he was stabbed in the shoulder. The spot he was stabbed was near the upper corner of his lung, but far enough up and over that it would have missed. It stabbed him in the front on his torso, but not in any kind of fatal spot.

FF8 Squall 1.jpg

FF8 Squall 2.jpg

Ooooh. Lavender Town, my favorite soundtrack in all of Pokémon. Creepy Pasta ruined it for other people to enjoy because they believe those stories. Every story they made is NOT based on a true story, its all fiction and is only meant to be entertainment. Not to mention that Pokémon was released in 1996 while creepy pasta was created in 2008, a big gap between those years. I did my research so why can't everybody else.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

He actually wasn't stabbed in the chest. If you watch the cinematic closely enough, you will see that he was stabbed in the shoulder. The spot he was stabbed was near the upper corner of his lung, but far enough up and over that it would have missed. It stabbed him in the front on his torso, but not in any kind of fatal spot.

FF8 Squall 1.jpg

FF8 Squall 2.jpg

Yeah - That's very correct after closely watching the video. It's even why he was able to survive it. 

On 9/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, Empire said:

Ooooh. Lavender Town, my favorite soundtrack in all of Pokémon. Creepy Pasta ruined it for other people to enjoy because they believe those stories. Every story they made is NOT based on a true story, its all fiction and is only meant to be entertainment. Not to mention that Pokémon was released in 1996 while creepy pasta was created in 2008, a big gap between those years. I did my research so why can't everybody else.

Exactly - it's actually what I look up to videos games at which is part of an entertainment process. When some gamers takes it out of context, it begins to worry me. 

We all know that these stories are bullshit, with maybe an ungodly rare exception here or there. Maybe one suicide happened somewhere in the world that could have been related to the Lavender Town theme. But I highly doubt that Ben is haunting a video game cartridge.

There are, however, some that can much more easily be fact checked. The Madden Curse is a perfect example. Find out who is on what cover, and see how their seasons went after appearing on the game.

I think I've mentioned it before, but I have played a game in an arcade that used to be here that was called Polybius. I know that it wasn't the infamous Polybius. But it had the same name, and was a polygonal game.

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't know why I don't like any other sports game apart from soccer, others makes me feel weak when I'm watching them or playing them. 

It's not surprising to me at all because I know a few people who are actually the same way as well. If it's not soccer or football, count them out. 

48 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's not surprising to me at all because I know a few people who are actually the same way as well. If it's not soccer or football, count them out. 

You're right, others do have same perspective like I do. I prefer staying away from many sports game cos they don't entice me, I feel bored watching them. I love Moto GP, F1, because they are both racing. 

On 9/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, Empire said:

How true is the urban legend of the Lavender Town soundtrack making kids to commit suicide? I'm not sure if there are proof to back it up.