Register Now
StaceyPowers

Can you enjoy a game purely for its gameplay, even if its world/story/characters bore you?

On 9/29/2021 at 11:34 PM, Justin11 said:

The characteristics, story, gameplay must rhyme together to entice me playing it far too long. I love games that features story mode, cutscenes and better gameplay.

Yeah - it's actually what's expected to be all available in any kind of video games. If they aren't available, the game is a crap. 

On 10/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's actually what's expected to be all available in any kind of video games. If they aren't available, the game is a crap. 

They ought to feature the key areas, which is made up of the aforementioned features. Those features are whet gamers look out for, that makes gaming time more intriguing. 

On 10/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, Justin11 said:

They ought to feature the key areas, which is made up of the aforementioned features. Those features are whet gamers look out for, that makes gaming time more intriguing. 

Exactly - it's actually what makes a lot of gamers prefer some gaming companies productions over others because of how their games are made. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - it's actually what makes a lot of gamers prefer some gaming companies productions over others because of how their games are made. 

That's it, every gamer is simply looking out for the best. I can't simply puck up a game developed by a company that is simply involved on making shit games. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

That's it, every gamer is simply looking out for the best. I can't simply puck up a game developed by a company that is simply involved on making shit games. 

Exactly - the innovative features and uniqueness that comes with each game is what makes it stand out for gamers to choose them. 

10 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Exactly - the innovative features and uniqueness that comes with each game is what makes it stand out for gamers to choose them. 

Sure, when the gaming company adds unique features that isn't seen around any where else, it makes it intriguing enough for gamers choosing it ahead of others. 

On 9/30/2021 at 4:13 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

No story? Fall back on environment and gameplay and characters. No characters? Fall back on environment and gameplay. No environment? Screw gameplay. You might as well have an all white background and have enemies jump out at you as the only purpose of the game. 

Exactly - both are needed to truly enjoy any game otherwise the experience will be mundane.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Exactly - both are needed to truly enjoy any game otherwise the experience will be mundane.

Seriously, I can't really see myself getting into video games that offers half of what it's supposed to give and actually expect me to spend money on it. 

21 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I'll simply go for games which I can get the best feeling, and not spending my funds anyhow for games that wouldn't increase my empathy for it. 

Seriously, there are some people who can't do without spending money on games. The act of pay to win is something they can't do without. 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I can't really see myself getting into video games that offers half of what it's supposed to give and actually expect me to spend money on it. 

It's a delicate balance that some companies have never been able to full master or at least develop some proficiency in maintaining it.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a delicate balance that some companies have never been able to full master or at least develop some proficiency in maintaining it.

Yeah - it's something that is very annoying about how they go with their game developments and still expect to make millions from it which they actually do.