Register Now
StaceyPowers

How did you end up playing the main platform that you do?

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I started out officially with Game boy before I got into Nintendo 64 and the rest was Playstation till now and a little bit of PC. 

Started out with Atari, although I didn't play with it for loan then switched to Sega and then Playstation 1 till Playstation 4 now. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Started out with Atari, although I didn't play with it for loan then switched to Sega and then Playstation 1 till Playstation 4 now. 

If I had that Atari, I would have it on display where all would see it once they enter my home, just to show them how old school I am with video games playing. 

On 12/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, Boblee said:

If I had that Atari, I would have it on display where all would see it once they enter my home, just to show them how old school I am with video games playing. 

I actually did that with my own as it's on full display in my game room. Some of new gen gamers that visit me don't really know what it is. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I actually did that with my own as it's on full display in my game room. Some of new gen gamers that visit me don't really know what it is. 

I'm actually not really surprised because a lot of people don't even know what the gaming system Atari looks like so they have to be shocked whenever they see it.

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I've only seen Atari console severally via review videos but I've never seen them real life, I'll be shocked when I'll be seeing it in reality. 

It's actually what the good old days offers to gaming industry and it's only a handful gamers that still have the hardware today. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's actually what the good old days offers to gaming industry and it's only a handful gamers that still have the hardware today. 

This particular Atari  Flashback 8 Gold Console Black is currently sold at $157.99 on Amazon. A game that's this old still sells over $150. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

This particular Atari  Flashback 8 Gold Console Black is currently sold at $157.99 on Amazon. A game that's this old still sells over $150. 

I actually expected it to be even more expensive than $157.99 to at least a minimum of $200. It's still a fair price. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

I actually expected it to be even more expensive than $157.99 to at least a minimum of $200. It's still a fair price. 

It's even very rare for you to get these gaming systems now, so I had expected it to be a lot more expensive than what Amazon is offering. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's even very rare for you to get these gaming systems now, so I had expected it to be a lot more expensive than what Amazon is offering. 

Well, not all gamers are open to trying out Atari all over again. It's the few classic gamers that are likely to look forward to that, so let the cost stick to that $150+. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Well, not all gamers are open to trying out Atari all over again. It's the few classic gamers that are likely to look forward to that, so let the cost stick to that $150+. 

Yeah, the price of the system Atari would only hike if there are more demands of it recently or with its coin launch that's happened. 

On 12/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, Boblee said:

Just few have it this day, I never witnessed the gameplay of the Atari console, I'm still open to experience it's game-play in the future when I have the chance. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Just few have it this day, I never witnessed the gameplay of the Atari console, I'm still open to experience it's game-play in the future when I have the chance. 

I think I remembered when you said something about when you started playing games and it's in 2000's or so. It's definitely obvious that you won't have played on Atari. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If you are not into that kind of arcade games, it will be very difficult for you to adapt to playing on Atari.