Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is difficulty in games ever an accessibility issue? If so, when?

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's all about how a gamer wants to play that is built from how the game was developed to be. If it's set to be that difficult, it's accessibility will be hard too. 

Yeap, it simply set how they feel like and not what the gamers set to play. Because the game developers set the difficulty without contacting anyone when implementing it. 

47 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeap, it simply set how they feel like and not what the gamers set to play. Because the game developers set the difficulty without contacting anyone when implementing it. 

Like when they obviously make a game to that too hard to play, it's when gamers would be very selective as to what to play and what not to play. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Like when they obviously make a game to that too hard to play, it's when gamers would be very selective as to what to play and what not to play. 

Yes, some gamers will prefer to go play the hard game like that. While others wouldn't go for it, they'll simply stay put and play lesser difficult game. 

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I love playing hard games, but not when it is made extremely hard. Because, it will shake me off, and make me unhappy, because the AI will take advantage of me. 

It's the kind of games that gets to teach you a lot of things while you are playing unlike the easy games. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's the kind of games that gets to teach you a lot of things while you are playing unlike the easy games. 

Yeah, it will improve my gaming strength, makes me to play stronger even if I'm playing with an expert gamer, I can compete favourably, and not being outplayed freely. 

15 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Playing difficult game makes it look real, and keeps you competing favourably with AI, and not being one sided. I hate one sided video game affair. 

You can't play an easy game and play difficult games and have them rated as the same thing. It's not possible at all. 

Forza has some great accessibility features to help out with the difficulty of the game actually which I love. For example, I believe they have a setting where you don't have to steer, it's just a case of accelerating and braking at the right times.

It is quite nice that they thought of including features like that. 

1 hour ago, Darth said:

Forza has some great accessibility features to help out with the difficulty of the game actually which I love. For example, I believe they have a setting where you don't have to steer, it's just a case of accelerating and braking at the right times.

It is quite nice that they thought of including features like that. 

That's actually a part where they seem to make it a little bit easier for gamers with that racing feature. I didn't like it that much as it's much predictable.