Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 10 PlayStation 2 Games That Are Still Worth Playing Today

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I got your points, when it is free, it means we play them that way without asking for me in case it didn't meet our demands 100%. 

Free games eat time too. So, I believe no true game player would want to waste time playing useless games even if they are not paying for it.

1 minute ago, Knight Barida said:

Free games eat time too. So, I believe no true game player would want to waste time playing useless games even if they are not paying for it.

Yeap, I don't engage in a game that isn't amusing to me. I play when the game is worth it for me, free or not, I can pay to enjoy quality game. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I got your points, when it is free, it means we play them that way without asking for me in case it didn't meet our demands 100%. 

Exactly the point that I am trying to make too. If you look closely, gamers complain less when the game is free.

Just now, Justin11 said:

Yeap, I don't engage in a game that isn't amusing to me. I play when the game is worth it for me, free or not, I can pay to enjoy quality game. 

Playing quality games should always be the target. I don't think I will waste my time playing boring games unless I am being paid for it.

3 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

Playing quality games should always be the target. I don't think I will waste my time playing boring games unless I am being paid for it.

Even when I am paid, I wouldn't want to play a boring game too, unless such amount of money can keep me alright then I can consider it. 

5 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Even when I am paid, I wouldn't want to play a boring game too, unless such amount of money can keep me alright then I can consider it. 

The amount of money that is going to be involved should make me feel comfortable at the end of the day. Not going to trade for less.

I think reviews are useless. They always have the reviewers bias, and mislead a lot of gamers. If you're going to do something like that, find a reviewer that plays a game unbiased and covers the actual gameplay, not what they think about the game or the way it plays. There are tons of gamers out there that hate SMB3, despite it being the best selling video game of all time. Then again, there are reviewers out there that absolutely love SMB3, and never really want to play much else. And there are also reviewers that are into a different game on a different system. And some that span multiple systems and multiple games.

I just don't trust reviews, because they're always biased. I'll watch trailers, ad if a game seems intriguing to me, I might watch a review for the sole purpose of seeing what the gameplay is like. But I typically do something like that on mute so I don't have to hear any bias and can focus on the game itself.

20 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

The amount of money that is going to be involved should make me feel comfortable at the end of the day. Not going to trade for less.

I won't trade for less, at this point in time money matters much to me. But still, everything isn't about money for me. I am mostly enticed by passion, I can play less when their is no passion for it. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I won't trade for less, at this point in time money matters much to me. But still, everything isn't about money for me. I am mostly enticed by passion, I can play less when their is no passion for it. 

If the money involved means that I am going to play, why won't I do so? Life has gone beyond passion and doing the legit things that should give us money. That is what I normally focus on.

On 3/28/2022 at 11:59 PM, Knight Barida said:

If the money involved means that I am going to play, why won't I do so? Life has gone beyond passion and doing the legit things that should give us money. That is what I normally focus on.

So back on discussion heading:

If you're offered a contract to mention a PS2 game you can play better and compete favourably online and offline which will you mention? 

Shadow of Memories (aka Shadow of Destiny) is a very unique early PS2 game which has pretty ugly graphics but a very interesting story. Basically you get killed right at the beginning of the game and you have to travel to multiple timelines in an attempt to prevent that. It has multiple endings and it's pretty short (like 4 hrs). The gameplay is also pretty easy.