Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

What exactly is the lore of dragons?

Where do they come from? Do they reproduce? Are they created by magic? What's with hoarding treasures? What are the types you know of? Are they demonized, or are they just peaceful entities that love to sleep on gems. Do they really transform into different beings? What do you like/dislike about dragons? Would you want to try and slay one or ride one? 

Aka is an et’ada, like all the other aedra, daedra, and magna-ge. They’re all original spirits. Now, whether you believe Aka survived as a whole long enough to be considered an aedroth is up for debate.

But here’s the best way to explain it that I’ve seen. Credit to another user here. The Dragon-Made-Whole, Aka, is like a strawberry smoothie. There are chunks of strawberry still in the smoothie, and they all differ in size. Some chunks of strawberry are too large to even fit through your straw. These large chunks are the main shards or aspects of Aka, Auri-El, Akatosh, Aka-Tusk, etc. Alduin could probably be considered in that as well.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:28 AM, Empire said:

Aka is an et’ada, like all the other aedra, daedra, and magna-ge. They’re all original spirits. Now, whether you believe Aka survived as a whole long enough to be considered an aedroth is up for debate.

But here’s the best way to explain it that I’ve seen. Credit to another user here. The Dragon-Made-Whole, Aka, is like a strawberry smoothie. There are chunks of strawberry still in the smoothie, and they all differ in size. Some chunks of strawberry are too large to even fit through your straw. These large chunks are the main shards or aspects of Aka, Auri-El, Akatosh, Aka-Tusk, etc. Alduin could probably be considered in that as well.

He's not just referring to the lore of dragons in the Elder Scrolls universe - he's asking about the lore of dragons on a whole. Like where did it originate and how different cultures depict dragons.

I believe that the human mind is neither creative enough nor intelligent enough to create something like a dragon. Hence I believe that they are real, but have simply left this realm because they knew what mankind was going to end up doing. To me it's on the same level as extraterrestrial life.

But as far as I'm concerned when it comes to ET alone, anyone who denies the existence of extraterrestrial life, is an arrogant, narcissistic, idiot. The universe is infinite. Dragons have just left this plane for another one. Maybe the multiverse theory is correct.