Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Facebook Oculus Quest changing name to Meta Quest and no more need of facebook login for VR headset?

Does the Quest work with other games, like maybe on steam and other platforms with VR games? I'm curious because I don't want to be tied down to signing into Facebook. So If I can use a headset like this through Steam for example, will it still require a sign in to facebook? 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Facebook knows that, if they subject it as a 'must for users to sign up using a VR headset, it will cause stir, and lots of people will feel disappointed. Cos, not everyone can afford VR at its current price. 

A lot of people are no longer interested in making use of the Facebook application/site and it's going to be a very difficult challenge for the headset. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

A lot of people are no longer interested in making use of the Facebook application/site and it's going to be a very difficult challenge for the headset. 

Yeah, if Facebook still go about that without taking a U-turn, they'll experience massive Exodus. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Does the Quest work with other games, like maybe on steam and other platforms with VR games? I'm curious because I don't want to be tied down to signing into Facebook. So If I can use a headset like this through Steam for example, will it still require a sign in to facebook? 

If making use of it is tied rock hard to Facebook, it's definitely going to be very difficult challenge for most people who don't use Facebook. 

On 3/2/2022 at 2:51 AM, Boblee said:

That headset is still too expensive for my budget. It was around $299 on Amazon.com when I had it checked out last. I can't afford it. 

And there was one that was said to be at the cost of $799. Some gamers are really spending awfully in some things that I can never spend on. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

And there was one that was said to be at the cost of $799. Some gamers are really spending awfully in some things that I can never spend on. 

Let them come and kill me to force me to pay $799 for what? Does my life depend on using it? 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, that's a real bizarre amount of money bro, which is to be used and make other important things of life become lucrative for us than investing such, for that kind of project. 

Seriously, that amount of money can do me a lot of good right because there are so many things that I need money outside gaming for. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, that's a real bizarre amount of money bro, which is to be used and make other important things of life become lucrative for us than investing such, for that kind of project. 

Yeah, it's a big amount of money but there are some gamers whom it's just a small amount of money. I have at least five of them as friends. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's a big amount of money but there are some gamers whom it's just a small amount of money. I have at least five of them as friends. 

If your friends are rich then it means you're rich too, provided they love you. They'll always connect you to something mega and you'll become rich too. 

On 3/1/2022 at 6:25 PM, Heatman said:

If making use of it is tied rock hard to Facebook, it's definitely going to be very difficult challenge for most people who don't use Facebook. 

That sucks. I always assumed that it would work with other PC ecosystems like steam or epic games. So it doesn't even work with Steam? I hope that's not true, because I won't buy one if it's just meant for the Facebook side of things.