Register Now
Kane99

Hard to go back to controller after getting used to mouse/keyboard?

On 12/4/2021 at 6:56 PM, killamch89 said:

Everybody has their preferences but some games like GTA is more optimized to be played with a controller as it's easier to control the vehicles.

That's very true. It's why I prefer to play most of my car racing games on my PS4 using controllers than on PC with keyboard. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I am going to give learning a chance to master the keyboard/mouse type of controls option to play video games, in case I get a PC. Such can save the stress of running over for new controllers too often. 

If you have the plan of switching up to playing with PC 💻 for more than you do with consoles, then it's definitely going to be worth the lessons. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you have the plan of switching up to playing with PC 💻 for more than you do with consoles, then it's definitely going to be worth the lessons. 

Yeah, I've concluded that now, I will be going for PC. With will serve numerous purposes not just for gaming. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously there is no way you are going to jump from playing with console controllers into playing with keyboards and mouse and get ahead with it very easily because the controls are different.

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously there is no way you are going to jump from playing with console controllers into playing with keyboards and mouse and get ahead with it very easily because the controls are different.

It never works that way because you didn't get to learn how to play with something that's alien to you. You must first have to study it. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It never works that way because you didn't get to learn how to play with something that's alien to you. You must first have to study it. 

Exactly, without learning how to use keyboard and mouse to play with, it's going to be like just jumping into a car and trying to drive out from parking corner. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly, without learning how to use keyboard and mouse to play with, it's going to be like just jumping into a car and trying to drive out from parking corner. 

For one with small knowledge of how to drive, might be able to do that and drive out the car. That analysis does not seem to explain the situation well. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

For one with small knowledge of how to drive, might be able to do that and drive out the car. That analysis does not seem to explain the situation well. 

That's actually true to some extent but I'm very sure that you do understand the point which I was trying to make with that analysis. 

I'll simply say, you were playing before with football boots and later on, they told you to revert back to using bare foot and playing the ball. Do you think is possible again? That's the case of using the PC keyboard/mouse when the essence of using the preferred option of control is there to buy and use, which is the controller. 

1 hour ago, Head_Hunter said:

What @Justin11 is simply the right illustration when it comes to usage of controllers vs mouse/keyboards. I simply favour the use of controllers than the rest two. 

If you see who's played more with keyboard and mouse, he will obviously tell you that it's the best to play games with. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

If you see who's played more with keyboard and mouse, he will obviously tell you that it's the best to play games with. 

Seriously, that is actually the beauty of individual differences and also expertise in what someone is making use of while playing his own video game.

Everything simply comes down to choice, I know some users don't use the mouse or keyboard via their PC to play video games. Controllers are simply their choice. Same goes to others too, and the keyboard/mouse happens to be their favourite for playing games.