Register Now
Kane99

Are devs getting too lazy with remasters?

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

These developers don't get much of a chance to do as they see fit because I believe that they are capable of doing something nice but they are not allowed. 

I believe in what you've said here. They are simply forced to go with the option which the gaming company offered them, and they have no choice but to work on that. 

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

It's also because studios aren't given as much time as they need to make games. So when they are given a deadline and it's a deadline the company can't break, it causes a lot of stress on the employees, as they have to rush to get a job done. Which also results in glitches and problems. As we've seen with the GTA trilogy remaster. 

With Rockstar giving the job to another 3rd party company to make the game GTA trilogy remaster was the breaking point. 

Well, I guess it really depends on the company, and also of the 'brand' of the remaster.

For example, if we're talking about Diablo II: Resurrected (which is Diablo II remasterization), this is simply really awesome and they've put a lot of effort; not only that, but they're now putting even more content. So I really think it depends on the game and company.

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

With Rockstar giving the job to another 3rd party company to make the game GTA trilogy remaster was the breaking point. 

Truth be told, that's their biggest mistake with the game. If they had done it by themselves, it's never going to be half as bad. 

On 12/9/2021 at 11:18 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I'm still wondering the reason why they had to give out the job of making the GTA trilogy to a 3rd party company? 

Some of them are definitely doing well with their game's remasters while some are still being ducks with their own especially EA and Ubisoft. 

I think one problem with remasters these days, is that the main devs who made the original game, should be the ones remastering it. Rockstar should have done it in house, instead of shipping it off to a different team. I know that's not realistic for them considering their focus is on GTA V. But I think it would have resulted in a much better release. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think one problem with remasters these days, is that the main devs who made the original game, should be the ones remastering it. Rockstar should have done it in house, instead of shipping it off to a different team. I know that's not realistic for them considering their focus is on GTA V. But I think it would have resulted in a much better release. 

I have actually seen a lot of remasters that's got the initial original games far more better then the so called remaster. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:27 PM, Kane99 said:

I think that it's something that you have made a good point here. If it's the same developers, they are definitely not going to fail on the game.