Register Now
Kane99

Are devs getting too lazy with remasters?

Not only do I find laziness to be an ironically intellectually lazy criticism, I also find it to be false if one digs beneath the surface of the studio. The incompetence displayed at Blizzard Entertainment and BioWare is irrefutably down to the abuse of upper management, and Rockstar was - and may still be - seeing the same. How can employees make a good game when they pay more tax than the company they work their backsides off for, or are sexually assaulted in and out of work by their boss?

So while the remaster is terrible, nobody's disputing that, I want to know why. There's no room for laziness in the games industry when there's too many bright eyed, bushy tailed straight out of college young 'uns who want to do the same job and would do it for less, and be grateful for it. See how Epic games referred to employees as 'bodies' regarding Fortnite's crunch culture. So what is it that's causing people who we know can do the job aren't able? Time? Money? Management? We won't know so long as there's so much cloak and dagger, and the inability to see through it.

49 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Not only do I find laziness to be an ironically intellectually lazy criticism, I also find it to be false if one digs beneath the surface of the studio. The incompetence displayed at Blizzard Entertainment and BioWare is irrefutably down to the abuse of upper management, and Rockstar was - and may still be - seeing the same. How can employees make a good game when they pay more tax than the company they work their backsides off for, or are sexually assaulted in and out of work by their boss?

So while the remaster is terrible, nobody's disputing that, I want to know why. There's no room for laziness in the games industry when there's too many bright eyed, bushy tailed straight out of college young 'uns who want to do the same job and would do it for less, and be grateful for it. See how Epic games referred to employees as 'bodies' regarding Fortnite's crunch culture. So what is it that's causing people who we know can do the job aren't able? Time? Money? Management? We won't know so long as there's so much cloak and dagger, and the inability to see through it.

Seriously there are a lot of unanswered questions that these gaming companies need to provide for us because it makes everything to blur that we can't make out exactly what's wrong and why they aren't trying to fix it till today and when you look at what is happening with the company Activision-Blizzard, it is something that I believe there is an untold story to the case that is been on for a while which employees are calling for the CEO to resign.

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that shows how most of these video games company have been very lazy in doing their job because they feel that the gamers do not really have a choice but to play anything that they give to them.

Such shambolic idea have failed them, most of the gaming company will fold up if they continue going with this weird kind of ideas. Because the average gamers will shift away from them to more favourable type. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that shows how most of these video games company have been very lazy in doing their job because they feel that the gamers do not really have a choice but to play anything that they give to them.

Seriously, we don't really have a choice but to play anything they provide for us to play. Gamers are not even well united to fight against them. 

13 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

When the CEO is underperforming, employees will simply really for it's ousting in order to allow a particular personality to take over and drive the company to the right lane. 

In this case, I believe that even the CEO is supposed to serve some jail time as a result of all the things that he has been doing in the office but the board of directors are still not doing anything about it.

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

In this case, I believe that even the CEO is supposed to serve some jail time as a result of all the things that he has been doing in the office but the board of directors are still not doing anything about it.

Yes of course, the CEO needs to serve some time in the jail custody for sponsoring evil in the company. Molesting workers isn't a thing that should be taken too casual. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes of course, the CEO needs to serve some time in the jail custody for sponsoring evil in the company. Molesting workers isn't a thing that should be taken too casual. 

The case is still unfolding and with time everything is going to be out in the open and we see how the court of law with shape the case. 

9 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The case is still unfolding and with time everything is going to be out in the open and we see how the court of law with shape the case. 

I am here, I'll simply get the full court verdict with time, and see how it unfolds more with time. I believe it will be dealt with via the judiciary decision. 

Capcom has been milking this remaster thing for the past few years and although I enjoyed Resident Evil 2&3 remake, it gets pretty old when it's a yearly thing. Bethesda has remasters Skyrim about 3 different times now? (Legendary Edition, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition). It must be said that the Anniversary Edition at least comes with brand new content and some new activities like fishing among other things. I was initially skeptically but having actually played anniversary edition at a friend's house, the content update is worth the $20.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Capcom has been milking this remaster thing for the past few years and although I enjoyed Resident Evil 2&3 remake, it gets pretty old when it's a yearly thing. Bethesda has remasters Skyrim about 3 different times now? (Legendary Edition, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition). It must be said that the Anniversary Edition at least comes with brand new content and some new activities like fishing among other things. I was initially skeptically but having actually played anniversary edition at a friend's house, the content update is worth the $20.

For the Skyrim remasters - Legendary Edition, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition, they have done a little bit of a good job. If they lower what they offer in the game, it might go down the drain. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

GTA trilogy made me to learn how to feel less excited when ever a remastered version is announced. I felt ecstatic when I heard that, rockstar is going about with GTA trilogy. But to my surprise the game didn't live up to its hype. 

With what Rockstar did by giving the job of GTA Trilogy to another 3rd party company shows how lazy they have become lately with remakes. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

With what Rockstar did by giving the job of GTA Trilogy to another 3rd party company shows how lazy they have become lately with remakes. 

If they wouldn't go on with any of their video game remake, they should simply forget about it, and never disturb themselves to make a remake. Because it's weird given out the job to third party. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

For the Skyrim remasters - Legendary Edition, Special Edition, Anniversary Edition, they have done a little bit of a good job. If they lower what they offer in the game, it might go down the drain. 

Except Legendary Edition was just selling the game and its three DLCs in one pack, Special Edition was just a 64bit upgrade to the game with the same bugs and everything. Only the anniversary edition made any actual bug fixes and brought new DLC content which is actually good.