Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you get annoyed when it isn’t clear what you are supposed to be doing in a game?

I see it as challenging and context too, which either to train myself to play better and proceed higher in the game levels. But if I try to learn how to play it via it's tutorials and through experts, then I have no other options but to drop it. 

Depends on the game, but usually, if it's not self explanatory otherwise, then they should be teaching you what to do next, or at the least where to go next. If a game doesn't give you any bit of direction, then it will just be you pushing buttons until you figure it out. Many games you can pick up, and learn right away. But there are more complex games out there that do need to guide players better at where to begin. At least a short tutorial if the game is that confusing. That's how I see it anyway. 

On 12/9/2021 at 8:25 PM, StaceyPowers said:

When games are ambiguous about what you are meant to be doing in the moment (like the very next thing you need to get done), does it annoy you, or do you see it as a fun challenge? Is it context-dependent?

If the game's tutorials does not make it very clear for me and I still try my best to figure it out on my but all to no avail, I'm dropping the game ASAP..