Register Now
StaceyPowers

What makes an in-game location memorable vs. generic?

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Some in-game locations stick with you forever. Others, you forget almost as soon as you are out of them. What makes a location memorable?

Personally for me, it's the history behind the location that makes it stick with me for a very long time even years after playing the games. 

8 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Even in the next 20 years, GTAs locations wouldn't erase my mind, the locations of the game is clearer to me. I love the smooth roads and amazing graphics in the game, coupled with the tremendous game-play. 

The violence behind the scenes in all GTA games makes it unique to what's going on in our society. So, it's definitely going to be very hard to forget. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

The violence behind the scenes in all GTA games makes it unique to what's going on in our society. So, it's definitely going to be very hard to forget. 

You're there, is simply like different gangs clashing on the game, which is the pedestrians and the police attacking my pro constantly to make sure he is arrested.  

Edited by Head_Hunter

I think what could make it memorable is if it's a well known area, and you get to play in that open world playground.  I think also, if that environment opens up and changes, it becomes even memorable. It's generic when they don't utilize the location good enough. That's how I see it anyway.  

GTA had good location with memorables however it dies off after a while when you been there so many times, GTA4 had more locations that are an wow. But since I got into flying in eather P3d or MSFS2020 and even with FSX you can't get away from it 🙂 

15 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

You're there, is simply like different gangs clashing on the game, which is the pedestrians and the police attacking my pro constantly to make sure he is arrested.  

You get the point of what I'm talking about completely. It's why most gamers really dot on the game GTA series very seriously. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

You get the point of what I'm talking about completely. It's why most gamers really dot on the game GTA series very seriously. 

I got you right. Such kind of act is very unlikely in the world today. Because it will cause massive state of unrest. Everyone will be moving with fear due to gunshots moving here and there.