Jump to content
Register Now
m76

People will get used to NFTs - Ubisoft CEO

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

 

Don't act all high and mighty, I know all I need to know about cryptocurrency, the blockchain and NFT's. It's a risky, unstable and unsustainable investment environment at best and a straight up scam at worst. Don't insult me.

 

 

@m76 made a perfectly valid point. Address his point an adult or don't address it at all. given the fact that tend to farm post with little to no care about the quality, you should assume the latter is the better option most on the time.

 

That post of yours was aggerating and pointless. Stop posting anything just so long as it's a post or I'm going to start deleting them.

I hear you mate. I wouldn't want us going that road. I'm going to drop anything about my cryptocurrency involvement in VGR.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The NFT industry in particular is collapsing at an insane rate - Personally, I wish NFTs to disappear and never show up in any other form ever again.

It's only time that's going to tell if that's something that's going to happen or the opposite that's going to push it up in the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

It's only time that's going to tell if that's something that's going to happen or the opposite that's going to push it up in the world. 

 

Exactly, NFT's are already tanking barely after they got stating. Time will indeed tell and right now time is proving you wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, Shagger said:

Exactly, NFT's are already tanking barely after they got stating. Time will indeed tell and right now time is proving you wrong.

It's one of the aspects of crypto I've always despised since it was originally introduced. People were just stealing others work and posting as an NFT and making a lot of money off it without crediting or compensating the original artist in any way shape or form. The fact that gaming companies started to push it makes me hate it even more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, m76 said:

You know that things aren't going well when even your own employees question what's going on. But that didn't stop Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot from flying down to the Studio in Paris to personally intimidate personnel about the fact that NFTs are not going anywhere, whether they or the gamers like it or not.

Unfortunately the legitimate questions by the developers were brushed aside by the CEO, who apparently has the worst tunnel vision.

This is made even more terrible to the devs, who has just managed to repair the reputation of Ghost Recon after the game's disastrous 2019 launch. Only for their leadership to eradicate any good will they managed to win with the fans, in a single announcement. 

If I was a part of that studio I'd feel terrible at this point.

But what does ubisoft hope? That slowly boiling the frog will work, and if they keep pushing bad practices those would become accepted. Like all previous bad practices have, such as pre-order bonuses, early access, multi tiered releases, microtransactions, lootboxes, etc.

Original article

Before making any announcements as a CEO always try to make a market research and know what your audience are actually in need of. Don't make a misguided move in an attempt to promote some other business move and jeopardize the future and success of your company.

Not everyone is even interested in NFT'S and I strongly believe it will remain that way for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about the game being discussed here, however, I have tried few NFT games and based on the gameplay and graphics, I think some of these games are as good as other normal games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, Clasher said:

Before making any announcements as a CEO always try to make a market research and know what your audience are actually in need of. Don't make a misguided move in an attempt to promote some other business move and jeopardize the future and success of your company.

Not everyone is even interested in NFT'S and I strongly believe it will remain that way for a long time.

As you can see, Ubisoft's CEO is totally tone-deaf and oblivious to their customer base - all they want to do is push NFTs and hope to make some profit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As you can see, Ubisoft's CEO is totally tone-deaf and oblivious to their customer base - all they want to do is push NFTs and hope to make some profit. 

And that's a really bizarre strategy, if you are planning on imposing something on your market audience you can start by first giving them hints and from the reactions you could predict if it's going to be a profitable cause. But with this I don't think they are going to make anything good out of it, I will just watch and see the outcome of everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

And that's a really bizarre strategy, if you are planning on imposing something on your market audience you can start by first giving them hints and from the reactions you could predict if it's going to be a profitable cause. But with this I don't think they are going to make anything good out of it, I will just watch and see the outcome of everything.

But it's the same thing with Square Enix selling their Western Studios to concentrate on blockchain and NFTs which is only going to end in misery. Instead of improving the quality of their games, they're trying to find new ways to swindle their customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

But it's the same thing with Square Enix selling their Western Studios to concentrate on blockchain and NFTs which is only going to end in misery. Instead of improving the quality of their games, they're trying to find new ways to swindle their customers.

Though I'm not of the opinion that blockchain or NFT is totally a disaster, as I know a few games using the blockchain technology to operate like rollercoin and users earn money in crypto currency when you play the arcade games on the platform. That been said the company is the one to decide what the best move of their company that would bring in more profit would be, and some do this without even minding their customers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question

Can NFTs prove to be a market like cryptocurrency that will go up with a boom and then see a major downfall.??

Although if you are playing the short game. You can literally earn millions from a single NFT. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2022 at 2:37 AM, killamch89 said:

As you can see, Ubisoft's CEO is totally tone-deaf and oblivious to their customer base - all they want to do is push NFTs and hope to make some profit. 

It's all about the money making for the all that's involved in NFT. The gaming companies want to make money and the gamers too want to make money. Everyone is after the money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Heatman said:

It's all about the money making for the all that's involved in NFT. The gaming companies want to make money and the gamers too want to make money. Everyone is after the money. 

Something like this doesn't belong in the gaming industry because all it does is reward Ubisoft for their greedy policies and they'll focus less on making quality games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ubisoft CEO might be an NFT creator, but to be frank, we don't need NFTs to enter into video games. I've seen so many NFT games, where players engage on and earn some NFT rewards. But such wouldn't be the case with NFTs in console gaming, it will be another pay to win system which is not wanted. NFTs should be on their own session, video games aren't for such risky investments, it is mainly for fun. I am an NFT investor, even trying to create my own NFT, and register at opensea, but wouldn't consider having it around video games, it should stay aside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...