Register Now
Kane99

Does PlayStation have a design your own controller option?

I know with Xbox you can have a custom made controller through their site, but I don't think PlayStation has something like that just yet. I'm sure there are third party sites where you can design your own PS controller, but do you think Sony will make their own service like Xbox has, to make your own PS controller? I would welcome them adding such a thing. Wouldn't you? 

Do you think PlayStation will adopt this idea? 

On 12/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, Shagger said:

There are indeed third parties, like this one, but Sony don't have an official service and honestly I'd say that's ok because we know Sony would slam down the ban-hammer of these sites that offer good products.

I couldn't find anything on their site about this, but do you think they would ship internationally? Just for the hell of it, I designed a PS4 controller, and I really love what I came up with. But judging from everything I could find on their site, they only ship within the UK.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:21 AM, Shagger said:

There are indeed third parties, like this one, but Sony don't have an official service and honestly I'd say that's ok because we know Sony would slam down the ban-hammer of these sites that offer good products.

Oh for sure they would. It's kinda sad that they are so tough on these third party companies doing the ps5 skins or cases. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I couldn't find anything on their site about this, but do you think they would ship internationally? Just for the hell of it, I designed a PS4 controller, and I really love what I came up with. But judging from everything I could find on their site, they only ship within the UK.

Yeah I don't think they have a service themselves, at least not yet. But I could see them making their own one of these days. 

As mentioned above, there are some third party ones for the PS4 controllers. Not sure if there is one for the PS5 as yet but it would be really cool if the PS5 controllers had such a thing. Really wish Sony did something official like Xbox as well especially since they can do it for the face plates as well!

Hello, that's a great question! Unfortunately, PlayStation does not offer a design your own controller feature at this time. However, they do have several different colors and designs you can purchase directly from the PlayStation store such as: red, blue, black, blue camo, green camo, etc. If none of those suit your needs, there are a ton of controller covers on Amazon and other online retailers. You basically take the controller cover and put it over your remote. You should check those out, some of them look really neat. 

On 12/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, The Blackangel said:

At this moment in time, I'm unaware of PlayStation offering this feature. Hopefully though, they will start offering it in the near future.

I'll look around and see if they have the feature anywhere. If they have it, I'll post the link.

I don't think Playstation will consider doing this. I mean they have no issues selling their consoles and adding this Feature will definitely mean more work for them.

4 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

I don't think am aware of this particular topic.but it would be nice if they can feature it even if I know it's not going to benefit Menon any way. 

It is beneficial to gamers and there are third party sites that offer gamers the opportunity to design their controllers. 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:50 AM, Knight Barida said:

It is beneficial to gamers and there are third party sites that offer gamers the opportunity to design their controllers. 

Is it for free? As long as am going to pay extra money I won't be interested in it. 

9 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Most of them will involve you paying a certain amount of money. Most of the good things in gaming are not free.

That's it. I know it won't be free, reason why I'm not interested in the design of my own controller.