Register Now
Kane99

Was 2021 the worst year ever for games?

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, I even got to know exactly what gamepass is all about in this forum, I am very grateful to the users who are making me to learn new things here. 

Yeah, some information works like a charm because they can be very helpful in so many ways that you can never imagine. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, some information works like a charm because they can be very helpful in so many ways that you can never imagine. 

We had seen a lot of trash go down last last with some crazy made games like GTA trilogy but hopefully this year will be better. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

We had seen a lot of trash go down last last with some crazy made games like GTA trilogy but hopefully this year will be better. 

A lot of gamers really hated getting the GTA trilogy for the price of $60 being that the game isn't worth being sold at that cost. 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:32 PM, Boblee said:

Information is power indeed, anyone who lacks proper information plans to fail, both in video games too. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Information is power indeed, anyone who lacks proper information plans to fail, both in video games too. 

It's actually why I'm looking for all manner of information on the new games that are coming out this year, so I wouldn't make any mistakes with my purchase. 

43 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's actually why I'm looking for all manner of information on the new games that are coming out this year, so I wouldn't make any mistakes with my purchase. 

There are lots of reviews already about so many of them but like what led to the delay of God of war Ragnarok is something that I'm really interested in. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

There are lots of reviews already about so many of them but like what led to the delay of God of war Ragnarok is something that I'm really interested in. 

Idk, delays are good sometimes, because it gives that studio more time to perfect their product. This is not like cyberpunk 2077 or the gta remastered trilogy, which both needed another delay or two if anything.

I'm okay with a delay if it results in a better game releasing. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Idk, delays are good sometimes, because it gives that studio more time to perfect their product. This is not like cyberpunk 2077 or the gta remastered trilogy, which both needed another delay or two if anything.

Yeah, that's right and I'm not really pained that they had to delay the game not at all. In fact, I'm sure they had a good reason to do so and it might be not to mess up the game series of God of war with a trash make. 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, If they eventually get the game right after all the delays, then it's definitely worth it but if it turns out like another Cyberpunk 2077, then it's doomed. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, If they eventually get the game right after all the delays, then it's definitely worth it but if it turns out like another Cyberpunk 2077, then it's doomed. 

Seriously, it's trash what happened with the release of Cyberpunk 2077. They knew quite well that it's not going to be possible with all the rush and they still went ahead.. 

23 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, that's right and I'm not really pained that they had to delay the game not at all. In fact, I'm sure they had a good reason to do so and it might be not to mess up the game series of God of war with a trash make. 

I get a sigh of relief when games get delayed. I know most hate it, and I understand that it sucks to see games you want get delayed. But when I see it happen, I feel it's just their choice to go in and fix problems they found, or making the game as optimized as possible. Now, if it's delayed multiple times, and so on, then maybe a release date further out is better. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly. Cyberpunk 2077 could have afforded another delay or two even. People had been waiting for years for this game to come out, and when it comes out rushed in the way it did, if it had more time to be made into something more concrete, then we may have had a whole different story on hand about how good the game was and how it achieved what fans were wanting. But in the end, we got a mediocre FPS that was kinda fun to play for a while. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:39 AM, Heatman said:

It's necessary for every gamer, especially we they doesn't have much to spend on games, like buying consistent. Buying under par game is simply a loss for us. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly. Cyberpunk 2077 could have afforded another delay or two even. People had been waiting for years for this game to come out, and when it comes out rushed in the way it did, if it had more time to be made into something more concrete, then we may have had a whole different story on hand about how good the game was and how it achieved what fans were wanting. But in the end, we got a mediocre FPS that was kinda fun to play for a while. 

Seriously, it was a very frustrating experience with what happened with Cyberpunk 2077. Like, the game have already been delayed, so why rush it? Better keep delaying it till it's made perfect. 

25 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, it was a very frustrating experience with what happened with Cyberpunk 2077. Like, the game have already been delayed, so why rush it? Better keep delaying it till it's made perfect. 

The main mistake that CD Project Red made was that they announced the release date a full year before.  Instead of gradually narrowing it down from the year to the quarter then finally settle on a date as they were developing like most companies would.  That was a ridiculous and frankly arrogant decision.  Not only did it mean the game was delayed multiple times but each time it was they put themselves under more pressure not to delay it again which is ultimately why it was rushed.

With a game as big and complex as Cyberpunk 2077 it is impossible to predict how much progress you'll have made 12 months.  Normally I'd point the finger at the publisher for something like this but CD Project Red are an inde developer, so they've only themselves to blame!

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

The main mistake that CD Project Red made was that they announced the release date a full year before.  Instead of gradually narrowing it down from the year to the quarter then finally settle on a date as they were developing like most companies would.  That was a ridiculous and frankly arrogant decision.  Not only did it mean the game was delayed multiple times but each time it was they put themselves under more pressure not to delay it again which is ultimately why it was rushed.

With a game as big and complex as Cyberpunk 2077 it is impossible to predict how much progress you'll have made 12 months.  Normally I'd point the finger at the publisher for something like this but CD Project Red are an inde developer, so they've only themselves to blame!

To be very honest with you, I believe that all of of them the publisher and CD Project Red are not to be spared. It's not like it's their first game or something. They know how the system works but choose to shoot themselves in the leg.