Register Now
Kane99

Was 2021 the worst year ever for games?

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

To be very honest with you, I believe that all of of them the publisher and CD Project Red are not to be spared. It's not like it's their first game or something. They know how the system works but choose to shoot themselves in the leg. 

Like I said, CD Project Red are an independent developer, so they function as both publisher and developer.

1 minute ago, Crazycrab said:

Like I said, CD Project Red are an independent developer, so they function as both publisher and developer.

Yeah, you're correct with that assessment. It's really a shame that the game turned out to be that way. Imagine what the game would have been if they did it right? 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I get a sigh of relief when games get delayed. I know most hate it, and I understand that it sucks to see games you want get delayed. But when I see it happen, I feel it's just their choice to go in and fix problems they found, or making the game as optimized as possible. Now, if it's delayed multiple times, and so on, then maybe a release date further out is better. 

Once the purpose of the game's delay is to get things right, it is so important that they take as long as they deem fit in my opinion and I would never worry about it. 

15 hours ago, Boblee said:

Once the purpose of the game's delay is to get things right, it is so important that they take as long as they deem fit in my opinion and I would never worry about it. 

Exactly, it doesn't add up when they have already started delaying the game only to turn and rush it in the process. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, it doesn't add up when they have already started delaying the game only to turn and rush it in the process. 

It makes the initial wait and delay for the game useless when it gets out in the end not perfectly made. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think it's safe to say that 2022 could be the year of NFTs. Even though they've been around a while now, they've kinda blown up near the end of 2021 and now 2022 I can see being the year of just NFT this and NFT that. It's going to suck! 

It will definitely such the money off, NFTs aren't good for video games, due to its increase volatility. It should be on its marketplace and not in gaming. It's simply a modern kind of gambling. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I think it's safe to say that 2022 could be the year of NFTs. Even though they've been around a while now, they've kinda blown up near the end of 2021 and now 2022 I can see being the year of just NFT this and NFT that. It's going to suck! 

Even though some gamers are really kicking hard against NTFs but the gaming companies and some fans are really for it. 

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Most of these gaming companies have been looking at how to get in gambling into video games and with the use of NTFs, they are most likely to succeed. 

It's already been used in some games by some gaming companies like Ubisoft I think. Those one's can do just about anything for the money. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

Apart from the pandemic of coronavirus that ruined almost everything, I wouldn't call 2021 that much of a bad year in gaming history. 

Even the gaming award of 2021 wasn't as lit as it used to be in my eyes as a result of the effects of the pandemic of coronavirus. Well, 2021 is far behind us, let's see what 2022 brings to the table. 

13 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Even the gaming award of 2021 wasn't as lit as it used to be in my eyes as a result of the effects of the pandemic of coronavirus. Well, 2021 is far behind us, let's see what 2022 brings to the table. 

With all the restrictions on public gathering and fear of another outbreak, I'm even surprised that the award was even held at all. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

With all the restrictions on public gathering and fear of another outbreak, I'm even surprised that the award was even held at all. 

Well, typically they can't keep on shutting down all public events. The world's economy would crumble as a result of that. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, typically they can't keep on shutting down all public events. The world's economy would crumble as a result of that. 

The worldwide shutdown affected everyone and every business. Most people who lost their jobs can't even get any decent jobs ever since.