Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you enjoy frustration with hard games? Under what conditions?

To some extent, some games are designed to be somewhat frustrating, and to test the player’s patience. Do you enjoy playing games that cause you to feel frustration? In what situations? What separates “good” from “bad” frustration while gaming? And can even “good” frustration go too far?

On a similar note, how much of the frustration do you feel when playing certain games do you think comes from the way the game was made versus your own expectations?

It is part of video game to frustrate gamers provided you're playing at the highest difficulty, and not just playing at the lowest difficulty and expecting a stern challenge, never. The frustration keeps the gamer playing more and developing more strategies to scale through. 

The only thing that can get me mad in a game is if there is something that is wrong with it that causes problems for me. Say some bad controls or similar. If it happens to much, I will just abandon the game. Probably never consider picking it up again. But I keep trying and or best at times have a break

On 12/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, Kane99 said:

I am an impatient person when it comes to games, but I wouldn't say I like that, or like to be frustrated. Some tough games I can handle the challenge 

You would definitely find it very difficult to get into playing any of the Dark Souls series games.