Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever buy a game and resell it before ever playing it?

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I got quite a collection of CD'S myself, most of them is in my current apartment now, but at our family home. I would certainly go back and get them soon enough.

As long as they are kept in good condition, you won't have any problems playing with them. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

As long as they are kept in good condition, you won't have any problems playing with them. 

Yeah, I kept it in a very secure and enclosed place inside my shelf, so dust and other factors wouldn't damage my CD'S. I already made a good spot for it in my new apartment so when I get my CD's back they would be well placed and safe.

23 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, I kept it in a very secure and enclosed place inside my shelf, so dust and other factors wouldn't damage my CD'S. I already made a good spot for it in my new apartment so when I get my CD's back they would be well placed and safe.

From the looks of things, you don't have anything to worry about the CDs not working properly. You know how to take care of them very well. 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:21 PM, Heatman said:

For 6 months and he's yet to pay for the game? I would just tell you to forget about it because he's not going to be paying it. Do you intend on dragging him all over Facebook groups and feeds? 

I'm not even sure if doing that would fix the problem. He would just block you and it's not g to possible for you to tag him to any of your post about the whole thing. 

That's one big advantage of buying disc version games, at least you can resell or swap them for another. But in digital version, you can't do all this things, unless you want to sell your console off together with the games inside. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I'm not even sure if doing that would fix the problem. He would just block you and it's not g to possible for you to tag him to any of your post about the whole thing. 

Most of guys like that are lowlife scammers that always take advantage of their online friendship because they know you can't get in person to do that rubbish. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's one big advantage of buying disc version games, at least you can resell or swap them for another. But in digital version, you can't do all this things, unless you want to sell your console off together with the games inside. 

Disc version still has disadvantages though, and mind you nobody will be willing to swap their game disc with you if yours is scratched or corrupted . Digital version is still  much more reliable than disc.

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

Most of guys like that are lowlife scammers that always take advantage of their online friendship because they know you can't get in person to do that rubbish. 

That's why I'm very skeptical dealing with just about anyone I meet online. I don't trust 90% of them unless they have given me enough reasons to do so. 

On 6/14/2022 at 10:44 PM, Clasher said:

Disc version still has disadvantages though, and mind you nobody will be willing to swap their game disc with you if yours is scratched or corrupted . Digital version is still  much more reliable than disc.

Yes, no one will ever try that. But you can swap it though, because you'll test it before closing business with the opposite number, he or she wouldn't give you money when the game isn't satisfactory to him or her. 

On 6/14/2022 at 1:41 AM, Justin11 said:

But in digital version, you can't do all this things, unless you want to sell your console off together with the games inside. 

It's still useless because digital games are tied to your online account, unless you would be okay to have a complete stranger have access to your online account they can't do jack shit with the digital games installed on a console.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:44 PM, Clasher said:

Hmm unless you use it as frisbee or simulair actions and use your disc the normal way like a normal human being, it's damn near impossible to scratch up a blu-ray disc. Also i never understood how people can be so careless with their belongings like how can a disc be scratched up so badly while all you have to do is keep it inside the case and it's will be fine for years to come.

Edited by Yaramaki

18 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

It's still useless because digital games are tied to your online account, unless you would be okay to have a complete stranger have access to your online account they can't do jack shit with the digital games installed on a console.

What you said is true, their is no way I can let in stranger have access to my online account. That's the more reason why I prefer physical version games than it's digital version. I can sell it off anytime I want or swap it with another game. Here in my country we have a marketplace where you can sell any items or swap for another item including video games and consoles. I've done countless of transactions around the marketplace which is mainly on games/consoles and mobile phones. 

So, what I'm trying to say is that, I am never short of options when I want to swap or sell my physical version games off and recoup some amount of cash. 

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Hmm unless you use it as frisbee or simulair actions and use your disc the normal way like a normal human being, it's damn near impossible to scratch up a blu-ray disc. Also i never understood how people can be so careless with their belongings like how can a disc be scratched up so badly while all you have to do is keep it inside the case and it's will be fine for years to come.

Unforeseen circumstances might take place which could damage or affect your disc and sometimes it might not be due to carelessness per say.

Earlier this year when I moved to a new apartment I had most of my disc at my former place, when I was packing I kept those disc as safe as possible but the transportation company that helped me moved my properties didn't know that those boxes contained fragile materials and so unknowningly kept some other stuff on it, though only about three video games disc were affected but this is proof that something that is way beyond your control could happen that might affect your disc.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:41 AM, Justin11 said:

This is why one of my classmates never buy digital copies of any video games because he's always of the habit of reselling most of his games. Once he's completed the game, he's selling them to the next available buyer. 

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

This is why one of my classmates never buy digital copies of any video games because he's always of the habit of reselling most of his games. Once he's completed the game, he's selling them to the next available buyer. 

That's cool, and my interest goes for physical copies, cos you can resell it faster offline instead of dragging for buyers online. I have lots of second hand video games vendors around my locality, when I want I can sell any game to them. 

On 6/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, Justin11 said:

That's cool, and my interest goes for physical copies, cos you can resell it faster offline instead of dragging for buyers online. I have lots of second hand video games vendors around my locality, when I want I can sell any game to them. 

Yes, it's very difficult to sell such games online. There was a friend of mine I wanted to see one of my digital game and he wasn't interested because he didn't want to waste him time and data downloading the game. He preferred the disc copy of the game.