Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever buy a game and resell it before ever playing it?

Without playing it? No. I have given up on games very quickly though. Gran Turismo Sport was on discount a little while ago and I was bored so I got it. Did not like it. The cars felt like they were floating on top of the race track and I gave up on it after just a few minutes. Wasn't for me.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I did it a lot in the PS2 days - I had bought Armored Core 3 and turned around and sold it without playing it at the time because I needed to save money to get a Nintendo Gamecube so I sold some of the newer games I had. I didn't regret that choice one bit.

I had two good deals with my Gameboy back in the days. I didn't really spend much on the game as it was only the shipping fees and I had it sold 3x the price it's supposed to. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

You would have to follow up on the game's companies homepage and social media sites to always be updated on when there is a discount on their games. 

That's splendid bro, I'll be doing that right away, to stay updated when it comes to their discount time, in order to get some cash back for my purchases. 

9 hours ago, egghead said:

I have never been in a situation where I had to sell back my game before playing myself. When buying games, I choose wisely

Some gamers are not that selective when it comes to the games that they purchase and it's why they find themselves reselling often and on. 

On 4/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, egghead said:

I have never been in a situation where I had to sell back my game before playing myself. When buying games, I choose wisely

I have actually bought in on a buying trend one time and it ended badly for me. But luckily enough for me, I was able to have the sold to a friend who liked it. 

On 4/14/2022 at 5:02 AM, Heatman said:

I have actually bought in on a buying trend one time and it ended badly for me. But luckily enough for me, I was able to have the sold to a friend who liked it. 

There are a lot of products that I bought but never used, I still have  a lot of books that I bought but haven't red them. However, this has not happened to me with games.

That will happen when I have slot installed or purchased that day, then I can spare some and play some steadily, but that doesn't mean the ones I abandoned I can't play them again, never, I'll still visit and play them all. I won't buy any item to allow it waste. 

On 4/16/2022 at 3:04 AM, Justin11 said:

That will happen when I have slot installed or purchased that day, then I can spare some and play some steadily, but that doesn't mean the ones I abandoned I can't play them again, never, I'll still visit and play them all. I won't buy any item to allow it waste. 

I was gifted Battlefield 2042 a while back when it was launched. I tried having it sold but wasn't lucky getting any buyers, so I had to play it 😂. A lot of gamers rejected that game. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was gifted Battlefield 2042 a while back when it was launched. I tried having it sold but wasn't lucky getting any buyers, so I had to play it 😂. A lot of gamers rejected that game. 

It's kinda frustrating man, you should hold it and wait diligently wait until the right buyer comes for you to recoup the accurate value for your game even if it is marred with bugs. 

1 hour ago, Jasmin said:

When I buy a game, I buy because I want to play it. Normally, I start playing the game once I buy it. I can't wait to play the game that I have bought it.

I wouldn't waste time thou to start playing the game I spent for too. When I go for a game, it means that, I've already concluded that, I go get it and definitely I'll be playing that one consistently until I'm fade up. 

On 5/21/2022 at 9:09 PM, Justin11 said:

It's kinda frustrating man, you should hold it and wait diligently wait until the right buyer comes for you to recoup the accurate value for your game even if it is marred with bugs. 

I have given up on selling it since there wasn't any buyer coming forth. The only one that spoke me told me that the game wasn't worth it.