Register Now
StaceyPowers

Did you ever buy a game and resell it before ever playing it?

46 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I have mixed feelings about witches and supernatural powers for such things. There is a possibility that it might be possible but I wouldn't give into it freely. 

Seriously, with the kind of things that I have seen in life and in the past, I would never rule out anything from being possible. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, with the kind of things that I have seen in life and in the past, I would never rule out anything from being possible. 

If some games are worth being kept to be replayed instead of sold, then it's better to have it kept. It's how I feel about Ghost of Tsushima. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

If some games are worth being kept to be replayed instead of sold, then it's better to have it kept. It's how I feel about Ghost of Tsushima. 

True, but not all people think the same. I know people who have purchased a bunch of new new games, then never played them and then sold them. I think it's because they often worked long hours so didn't have the time to game. 

54 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

True, but not all people think the same. I know people who have purchased a bunch of new new games, then never played them and then sold them. I think it's because they often worked long hours so didn't have the time to game. 

Yeah, that's very correct. There is a huge diversity in the life of gamers, so there is no one logical pattern of doing anything when gamers are called. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's something that's likely to happen when they are well aware that they can easily sell the games if they can't play it, otherwise not they wouldn't just buy any game. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's something that's likely to happen when they are well aware that they can easily sell the games if they can't play it, otherwise not they wouldn't just buy any game. 

Exactly, the knowledge alone is what would probably give them the impetus to buy games as they please whenever they want. 

On 12/31/2021 at 1:15 AM, StaceyPowers said:

Did you ever buy a game, lose interest in it, and then sell it again without playing it once?

Some gamers do that a lot and it's something that I can't really understand why they do it. When you know fully well you can't play it, why buy it? 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some gamers do that a lot and it's something that I can't really understand why they do it. When you know fully well you can't play it, why buy it? 

Probably as a result of lack of time and schedule is what limits them from playing the game as they wanted to. 

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

I think people pick up things when they're on major discounts "just in case" sometimes, only to never really decide to play them.

There is a possibility that might be a good reason why they do that. If they can get it cheaper, why not? If they can't play it, they resell it.. It's a win-win situation.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:50 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I think people pick up things when they're on major discounts "just in case" sometimes, only to never really decide to play them.

It's actually a good buying strategy which literally even gives the gamer an opportunity to make more money off the game should the price skyrocket. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I love buying at discounts too, but I am not so lucky to meet the chance of getting a discount for a product I desire to get. 

You would have to follow up on the game's companies homepage and social media sites to always be updated on when there is a discount on their games. 

Brought games to givaway, yes
Brought games and never neded up playing them, Yes
Brought games and sell them on, No
Brought games and crap them out as I dislike them, Yes
Brought games and refunded the game, YES

I did it a lot in the PS2 days - I had bought Armored Core 3 and turned around and sold it without playing it at the time because I needed to save money to get a Nintendo Gamecube so I sold some of the newer games I had. I didn't regret that choice one bit.