Register Now
StaceyPowers

What do you do when you find unique, named items in games?

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Points? I assume you're playing online, because there's no point system in the story mode.

I would recommend you get an Arabian. While the horse is absolutely stupid, it's abilities, stamina, agility, and speed among other things, will make you never want to ride another horse again. I always go for the white Arabian. Mainly because I'm colorblind, and the red chestnut and warped brindle are a lot harder for me to distinguish. Also I always color my horses tail black since Dutch also rides a white horse, so I can tell which one is mine. I'll include a pic of each of them below.

But an important note, if you do manage to catch and break one (easy as hell for me) make sure you immediately put your saddle on it. Like ride to your main horse that you rode to where you find the horse, and switch over your saddle. That will bond your new horse to you and it won't run off like a wild horse. You will be able to call it since it's bonded with you. Do that with any and every wild horse you catch. Also, fully bonded horses (level 4) sell for more than lower bonded horses. Just a note. Also you can catch them any time you want from chapter 2 onward. I always go and catch one almost immediately.

Warped Brindle.jpg

White Arabian.jpg

Red Chestnut Arabian.jpg

Aren't most horses stupid until you have them all tamed? I think it's the same with all horses that I have even come across in real life as well as games. 

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's the bracelet that Beau Gray wanted Arthur to deliver to Penelope Braithwaite. You can take it to a fence and sell it, but you lose honor doing so. If your honor doesn't mean anything to you, then go ahead and do it. You only get $50 for it, if I remember correctly. She gets confused when all she gets is a letter. I've never sold the bracelet, mind you, but I've seen YouTube videos where the gamers play it that way.

yeah that mission. I think it marks it as important in your menu, haven't played in a year or two so I forget a bit. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

Aren't most horses stupid until you have them all tamed? I think it's the same with all horses that I have even come across in real life as well as games. 

I imagine they're quite smart, at least before humans get their hands on them. 

24 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

This horse trips over grass and runs head first into trees. I’ve been around horses all my life, and have never seen one do either.

That's the game for ya lol. I think they took a lot of liberties with how it works to ride a horse. I imagine most horses are aware enough to not flip over or trip over the dumbest things. 

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

This horse trips over grass and runs head first into trees. I’ve been around horses all my life, and have never seen one do either.

It's basically how the game was made for the horses to behave because no horse 🐴 wild or tamed would trip over grasses or run into a tree. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

yeah that mission. I think it marks it as important in your menu, haven't played in a year or two so I forget a bit.

It's a bit of a side mission after Dutch sends you over to the Gray's place to sniff around. Afterwards, you have to sneak past the guards at Braithwaite Manor to make it to her out at that gazebo by the lake. If you're a novice at the game, it's a hell of a lot easier said than done. If you're experienced in the game, it's easy as hell. It's the same with catching and breaking a wild horse.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I guess you could say that. But the Arabian starts off stupid and stays stupid.

They are definitely one wired breed of horses. Italian Trotter are my favorite breed of horses in real life. 

Can't say I'm familiar with that breed. I'm more accustomed to Belgians. It's what we always had, except for a Morgan I had that always wanted to head straight home. he wasn't very bright and not the best ride, but he was a decent horse.

If I had to pick one breed that I would want it would be a simple quarter horse or a paint. I always liked buckskin and white horses. Paints are beautiful though.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Can't say I'm familiar with that breed. I'm more accustomed to Belgians. It's what we always had, except for a Morgan I had that always wanted to head straight home. he wasn't very bright and not the best ride, but he was a decent horse.

If I had to pick one breed that I would want it would be a simple quarter horse or a paint. I always liked buckskin and white horses. Paints are beautiful though.

White horses are glamorous in my eyes. I'd pick them easily over any other kind of horses. Although I have a thing for Friesian horses. 

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Here something that's closed to what I can use to describe the Trotter breed a little bit for you. 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's a bit of a side mission after Dutch sends you over to the Gray's place to sniff around. Afterwards, you have to sneak past the guards at Braithwaite Manor to make it to her out at that gazebo by the lake. If you're a novice at the game, it's a hell of a lot easier said than done. If you're experienced in the game, it's easy as hell. It's the same with catching and breaking a wild horse.

Oh I know, I've completed the game already. Just forget since I haven't played through the story in quite a while. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The AI for the horses sucked in RDR2 compared to RDR1. I don't know how many times I had to call for my horse in RDR2 to where he/she rarely would listen. But in RDR1, my trusty steed was always there when needed. But I guess that's Rockstar having to make it feel as realistic as possible. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The AI for the horses sucked in RDR2 compared to RDR1. I don't know how many times I had to call for my horse in RDR2 to where he/she rarely would listen. But in RDR1, my trusty steed was always there when needed. But I guess that's Rockstar having to make it feel as realistic as possible. 

Your bonding with the horse determines how well they will listen and how quickly they will come when called. If your bonding with the horse is low, you may as well be riding a damn bicycle. If your bonding is high, then you're on a golden hog.

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

Here something that's closed to what I can use to describe the Trotter breed a little bit for you. 

This really looks like a very fast horse. Just like the breed of horse used in The Lord of the Rings, driven by the Elven Princess, I can't really remember her name again in the movie.