Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there anything in games you have become desensitized to?

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

At this point in time, I don't feel like being haunted just spectating around horror games, or playing it myself. It's just video games, their is no harm in playing or watching others play horror games. 

They have all worked on your fear receptors that it's something now that's very strong for you to twitch easily. 

3 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

Emotional scenes and HD graphics

My sister's still cry when they get to watch any emotional scenes in video games that she play. She's too soft and fragile with her feelings. 

3 minutes ago, Boblee said:

My sister's still cry when they get to watch any emotional scenes in video games that she play. She's too soft and fragile with her feelings. 

I rarely feel anything during emotional scenes in video games like death scenes. Maybe it's an immersion thing but it doesn't do much for me. I only see them as fake people in a virtual universe. I can't truly empathise with them like they're real human beings. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

They have all worked on your fear receptors that it's something now that's very strong for you to twitch easily. 

Yes, I no longer have such feelings of being entangled with fear of horror things. I play with ease, even watch horror movies with ease as well. 

On 3/11/2022 at 11:54 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, my mom is like that even up to this day. I can't shade any more years for emotional movies because I am an adult now, the days of Titanic is behind me lol. 

Smiles. It's not just about being an adult. It's emotions actually. Some kids don't cry because of a movie yet they're kids. 

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

Seriously, that's something that's very common with some women or ladies. They can't bear such happening. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that's something that's very common with some women or ladies. They can't bear such happening. 

Now, the question is why do they get into playing or watching such scenes in the first place when they know what it does to them? 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Now, the question is why do they get into playing or watching such scenes in the first place when they know what it does to them? 

Maybe they simply can't help it staying away from such. It's just like an addiction. You know it's not good for you but you keep doing it. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Maybe they simply can't help it staying away from such. It's just like an addiction. You know it's not good for you but you keep doing it. 

I believe that an addiction best describes it exactly the way it is because there isn't anything that's going to be making them do that if it's not addiction. 

20 hours ago, Boblee said:

I believe that an addiction best describes it exactly the way it is because there isn't anything that's going to be making them do that if it's not addiction. 

Yeah, it's something that I have considered as well but funny enough when you tell them that they are addicted to it, they will all say no. 

On 3/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, it's something that I have considered as well but funny enough when you tell them that they are addicted to it, they will all say no. 

Seriously, getting scared with some of the horror video games that I get into are really not doing much to me right well.