Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you hope that no one will ever remake?

8 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Agree to disagree. I don't see it the same way. I think if done right, with the right touch and respect to the original, it wouldn't be a disservice. If they added microtransactions, changed the story or whatever else, I'd understand. But we have remakes of other Zelda games, other classics, and they from what I see, are faithful remakes with prettier graphics. 

As well, no one is telling you that you have to play a remake if one is made. And you have every right to be against that. I'm sure many other fans would oppose it as well. The gaming community is a divided one. 

Seconded.

Every gamer has different desires with games, and different viewpoints. I wasn't happy when Links Awakening was remade, but I was curious. I got it, and while it has much more attractive graphics, the changes that were made and added just ruined the game for me. So I still vastly prefer it on Game Boy.

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

..... The gaming community is a divided one. 

This is exactly where I would have my stand on this subject because we are so divided that we can't stick together on virtually anything to a reasonable extent. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Seconded.

Every gamer has different desires with games, and different viewpoints. I wasn't happy when Links Awakening was remade, but I was curious. I got it, and while it has much more attractive graphics, the changes that were made and added just ruined the game for me. So I still vastly prefer it on Game Boy.

Yeah, that's what happens in most cases. Yeah, they can fix the graphics and beauty of the games but the core basis of the games would be lost in the process. 

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is exactly where I would have my stand on this subject because we are so divided that we can't stick together on virtually anything to a reasonable extent. 

I've noticed that as well. Fights tend to break out, not over who plays next, or who lost, but over who plays what game. For example when I was a kid, I was a Mortal Kombat fan, and a neighbor was a Killer Instinct fan. I had to put up with constant harassment from them about it. Yet there was no noticeable issue when the discussion went to Street Fighter 2. There was another kid I knew who was a PlayStation fanboy, whereas I was a Nintendo girl. The same thing there. If everyone would just accept the fact that there are different opinions and interests, instead of believing that theirs is the only correct one, we would all get along better. Or stop caring so much what anyone else thinks of our opinions. I don't give two shits what anyone thinks of my opinion. A couple may agree or even like it (unlikely), but the majority will hate it and think I'm a fucking idiot. But it doesn't mean shit to me.

So have your opinion, but expect differing opinions. Differing views make for entertaining and educating chat. For those unaware, that is a GOOD thing.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've noticed that as well. Fights tend to break out, not over who plays next, or who lost, but over who plays what game. For example when I was a kid, I was a Mortal Kombat fan, and a neighbor was a Killer Instinct fan. I had to put up with constant harassment from them about it. Yet there was no noticeable issue when the discussion went to Street Fighter 2. There was another kid I knew who was a PlayStation fanboy, whereas I was a Nintendo girl. The same thing there. If everyone would just accept the fact that there are different opinions and interests, instead of believing that theirs is the only correct one, we would all get along better. Or stop caring so much what anyone else thinks of our opinions. I don't give two shits what anyone thinks of my opinion. A couple may agree or even like it (unlikely), but the majority will hate it and think I'm a fucking idiot. But it doesn't mean shit to me.

So have your opinion, but expect differing opinions. Differing views make for entertaining and educating chat. For those unaware, that is a GOOD thing.

You know I had similar experience when I was little as well especially having a hard to time adapting and learning how to play football games PES mostly which had me be more into missions adventure games. 

A lot of my folks then really had serious issues whenever I choose my adventure games over their football but I hardly give a rat's ass about what they think or feel. 

18 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You know I had similar experience when I was little as well especially having a hard to time adapting and learning how to play football games PES mostly which had me be more into missions adventure games. 

A lot of my folks then really had serious issues whenever I choose my adventure games over their football but I hardly give a rat's ass about what they think or feel. 

This is something that usually happens when you play together with your group of friends. It's never easy being in the minority groups. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is something that usually happens when you play together with your group of friends. It's never easy being in the minority groups. 

Exactly. It's what happened with my friends. When it's their turn to play, they all play PES but once it's my turn, I'm definitely not playing soccer but adventure games. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

Exactly. It's what happened with my friends. When it's their turn to play, they all play PES but once it's my turn, I'm definitely not playing soccer but adventure games. 

You must definitely be one stubborn gamer who doesn't care at all but except for what makes you happy. Although, I'm sure you later learnt how to play soccer because you used to play FIFA games. 

10 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's not anything about being stubborn but doing what's best for me as a gamer and not what others want for me. 

Seriously and that's how it's supposed to be when it comes to games that someone wants to play most of the time. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously and that's how it's supposed to be when it comes to games that someone wants to play most of the time. 

To be very honest with you, I really understand that very well because I have somehow being in that same situation in the past and it's not a good feeling. 

On 1/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, Boblee said:

And that's the beauty of gaming. We can have differing opinions and still be good to one another. I have a lot of differing opinions from my friends and family as well. It's what makes us all human and gave different interests. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And that's the beauty of gaming. We can have differing opinions and still be good to one another. I have a lot of differing opinions from my friends and family as well. It's what makes us all human and gave different interests. 

Of course yes, that's a constant when it comes to gaming fans. There is never a time when we would ever have a concensus on any subject. There are always different views.