Register Now
Darth

Android to iOS

Has anyone made the switch from Android to iOS recently? And if so, how was it for you?

I'm moving from the Galaxy S20 to the iPhone 13 Pro which I'm looking forward to. The only issue seems to be that I won't be able to move my WhatsApp messages unless I pay for a third-party app. 

So, good news is that I found a way to get my WhatsApp messages from Android to iOS. I did have to pay for it (around £15) but it was pretty quickly and easy to use. 

I do agree with that skyfire. I miss being able to sideload apps which was just an amazing feature of Android.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

I went from android to WIndows then back to android 😛 

I never go back to an WIndows phone and I just going to stick with android

Do they still have Windows phones out there? I always assumed that Microsoft kind of gave up on it when it was clear that it just wasn't going to compete properly with either Android or iOS.

19 hours ago, Darth said:

Do they still have Windows phones out there? I always assumed that Microsoft kind of gave up on it when it was clear that it just wasn't going to compete properly with either Android or iOS.

I do have one Windows phone left 😉 But I never even switched it on since I had it. 10 years or more ago now. They failed and ended real fast afterwards

On 1/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, Empire said:

I do have one Windows phone left 😉 But I never even switched it on since I had it. 10 years or more ago now. They failed and ended real fast afterwards

I guess the UI and the admant mentality of "my way or highway" got them closed real fast.They wanted to bring desktop experience on phone which is not the way to go. new interface for handheld is how android and iOS worked.

5 hours ago, skyfire said:

I guess the UI and the admant mentality of "my way or highway" got them closed real fast.They wanted to bring desktop experience on phone which is not the way to go. new interface for handheld is how android and iOS worked.

They thought of an idea, they went ahead with the idea, they failed so bad that they ended real fast in a peaceful way before they got to big for there heads 😛 

While they did well from the start, it was not for everyone. End of the day people stopped using it as there are no supported workable apps ;( 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:01 PM, Empire said:

They thought of an idea, they went ahead with the idea, they failed so bad that they ended real fast in a peaceful way before they got to big for there heads 😛 

While they did well from the start, it was not for everyone. End of the day people stopped using it as there are no supported workable apps ;( 

Remember those tiles? extremely hard to use. I don't know how many people even find it easy. I personally got turned off with that UI.