Register Now
Jayson

School Prayer

I used to go to church a lot. In fact, I favor a lot of conservative beliefs.  However, I think religion is a thing that should be pushed by families, not the state.   What is it the state's business?   However, a lot of churchgoers will go on social media saying, if only school prayer was back, we wouldn't have moral decay.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Prayer belongs in religious institutions. Not public places. But there are people who think they have the right to try to force their beliefs on everyone.

I went to a catholic primary (elementary) school. The drumming of religious bullshit was there, but they also shoved me to the side because they didn't want to deal with my Asperger's syndrome. To be fair, the similar Catholic #hight school handled it much better, so maybe religion wasn't the issue, but I have truly lost trust in religion as a thing.

Not that I'm anti-religious, but it has suddenly turned to real business. We have fake religious leaders nowadays simply preaching just for monetary pleasure and nothing more. While some religious leaders do help people especially those in need, I've seen that happen here in my locality. 

There are private schools that are religious and that should be separated from public schools. Public schools get funding, and those religious schools don't, at least not legally. Sometimes they find loopholes to get funding. That's one of the reasons why religious people want to push their belief into public schools. And what kind of prayer is their argument that should be allowed in schools? There are different religions, so there would be a lot of conflict in a public school system if religion became indoctrinated. 

Just now, Reality vs Adventure said:

There are private schools that are religious and that should be separated from public schools. Public schools get funding, and those religious schools don't, at least not legally. Sometimes they find loopholes to get funding. That's one of the reasons why religious people want to push their belief into public schools. And what kind of prayer is their argument that should be allowed in schools? There are different religions, so there would be a lot of conflict in a public school system if religion became indoctrinated. 

Xtian prayer is the only kind the masses want. Any other kind of prayer they would want banned.

13 hours ago, Jayson said:

I used to go to church a lot. In fact, I favor a lot of conservative beliefs.  However, I think religion is a thing that should be pushed by families, not the state.   What is it the state's business? 

Religion shouldn't be pushed on anyone at all.  It's the very practice of pushing religious beliefs on people that has lead to some of... In fact no.... THE VAST MAJORITY OF mankind's worst atrocities.  To this day it still pushes for political policy that activity discriminates and causes genuine harm to certain people and communities.

13 hours ago, Jayson said:

However, a lot of churchgoers will go on social media saying, if only school prayer was back, we wouldn't have moral decay.

Most religious people have this idea that the moral standards, code and backbone of the law of a society is shaped by that society's religious beliefs.  The truth is it's actually the complete opposite.  So this "moral decay" your talking about is not the result of people no longer praying in school or by extension less people practicing organised religion.  It's organised religion's dependence on dated doctrine while society has moved on and moral standards have changed has put it out of favour in modern society.

Eminem said, "Where are the parents?" and this speaks for all this stuff.   Changing society to fix the problems that families can't fix is what people think is the thing to do.  Now in some situations, though, I can see that outside help is needed and obviously a lot of families have failed.  I don't see, though, how making everything a theocracy is the good move.