Register Now
NightmareFarm

8th gen is like the windows XP of gaming

With all due respect many great games came out of that gen but everything felt super slow and user-unfriendly:

- 30fps on everything

- Minute long load screens

- Slow transitions to different sections of the UI when you click on a tile sometimes(as in the processor takes longer than normal)

- Loud fan

- Dull home menu elevator music and UIs(square boxed tiles)

I'm so glad 9th gen fixed all this, it makes for a much smoother experience overall. 

Edited by NightmareFarm

The only console that made a lot of noise was the base ps4 from what i remember, my ps4 pro may make some noise from time to time but that's nothing compared to a dreamcast. Xbox one runs pretty quit (most of the time) just turn the sound from your tv up.

Loading times i felt like were okay some games toke a while, but never to an extent where it bothered me. Clearly i'm used to ps1/saturn loading times.

Yeah i agree the home menu music would get on my nerves especially on ps4 and wiiu, mostly ps4 since installing games always seem to take forever compared to my xbox. 

I don't really see the connection between 8th gen and windows xp though care to explain?

On a sidenote It's hard to believe that microsoft xp is over 20 years old, man how many times i've heard that gingle when booting the computer up. Then you had to wait another 10 minutes until the computer was fully booted up 😄

14 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

With all due respect many great games came out of that gen but everything felt super slow and user-unfriendly:

- 30fps on everything

- Minute long load screens

- Slow transitions to different sections of the UI when you click on a tile sometimes(as in the processor takes longer than normal)

- Loud fan

- Dull home menu elevator music and UIs(square boxed tiles)

I'm so glad 9th gen fixed all this, it makes for a much smoother experience overall. 

The target behind it all was always getting the games to be better and offer a worthwhile gaming experience to gamers as far as I can remember. 

idk, I thought the 8th generation was pretty decent. It has it's pros and cons for sure, and honestly wasn't the best generation we've ever had. But it was still a generation of great releases. Yeah the consoles could have been better, but we made due with them. 

The 9th gen is great so far, aside from the scalpers making it about them making money instead of letting people get the consoles they want. 

XP and 7 are loved by everyone because they were clearly an upgrade both visually and functionally. Windows 10 was a visual downgrade but the added features kinda makes up for it although it took several years to get it there. so no windows 10 will not age like wine but when people look back at it, they'll definitely praise it for being better that windows 11.

WIndows 7 is now like XP for 2022 XD

On 3/2/2022 at 8:22 PM, Kane99 said:

idk, I thought the 8th generation was pretty decent. It has it's pros and cons for sure, and honestly wasn't the best generation we've ever had. But it was still a generation of great releases. Yeah the consoles could have been better, but we made due with them. 

The 9th gen is great so far, aside from the scalpers making it about them making money instead of letting people get the consoles they want. 

From the way things are supposed to be, new releases are supposed to be better than the older ones. If it happens the other way around, then something is wrong. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Most of the time with video games, older versions of genes occurs more better than the so-called new generation video games. 

They are new versions for crying out loud, they should offer more than what their previous versions did and a lot more. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

They are new versions for crying out loud, they should offer more than what their previous versions did and a lot more. 

I agree, newer games are usually better although its not rare to see older games which are better than their successors.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:19 PM, Yaramaki said:

The only console that made a lot of noise was the base ps4 from what i remember, my ps4 pro may make some noise from time to time but that's nothing compared to a dreamcast. Xbox one runs pretty quit (most of the time) just turn the sound from your tv up.

Loading times i felt like were okay some games toke a while, but never to an extent where it bothered me. Clearly i'm used to ps1/saturn loading times.

Yeah i agree the home menu music would get on my nerves especially on ps4 and wiiu, mostly ps4 since installing games always seem to take forever compared to my xbox. 

I don't really see the connection between 8th gen and windows xp though care to explain?

On a sidenote It's hard to believe that microsoft xp is over 20 years old, man how many times i've heard that gingle when booting the computer up. Then you had to wait another 10 minutes until the computer was fully booted up 😄

The connection is both the PS4 and XP have really slow loading times and feel/look dull to use.

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's exactly what I'm trying to say too, it isn't making sense to see a new game being same with it's older versions. There should be improvement in some areas of the game, to give gamers new feelings as they play on. 

Also, I didn't much care for the frame rate and resolution problems. Honestly most of us probably didn't notice it when we gamed. I mean, I have had issues with framerates in some games, sure, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the games. 

2 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Also, I didn't much care for the frame rate and resolution problems. Honestly most of us probably didn't notice it when we gamed. I mean, I have had issues with framerates in some games, sure, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the games. 

Yeah, their is nothing hindering me from enjoying video games that offers me quality rather than looking up to the screen seize of the video game I'm playing with. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Enjoying your game is far more better than looking at framerates of the game. It doesn't even matter for me most of the time.